Cubs vs Reds

No...thank God I missed it. Given how our off season went I'm actually shocked that we're currently playing 500 ball. I predicted we would lose 90 games this year. So not really surprised by any stompings. I'm more surprised about our wins.

You know, I've seen the Mariners lose a lot of baseball in my life. Luckily, we've fielded some strong defenses and passable pitching staffs, so I've been spared these 15+ shutout disasters. After Beltre left, we had a short phase where we didn't have a qualified 3rd baseman (2nd basemen Chone Figgins and Jose Lopez got hosed with the burden for a few years), and the defense hit an historic low. Then again, the A's always have a worse defense no matter what we do...

We let go most of our top players, have no closer and our starting rotation is on the IR. Once we've done a rotation around the league we are toast.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to post this the other day.

RetroCleaningBroomGraphicsFairy21.jpg

Yea no kidding. I'm going to Wisconsin later this week to visit my wifes sister. Going to take my nephew to Milwaukee to catch a Brewers game. Guess who the Brewers will be playing?

cubs are a whole other level of sick this year. THis is their time if they dont become colossal chokers. Redsox run differential is like in the 70's which is amazing.. then you look at the cubs and they are in the 120's already. and they have lester and arrieta. must be nice to have two good capable starters.

The Mariners getting swept by the Twins shows how competitive they will be in the playoffs this year. I have been rooting for the Cubs to win the World Series since 2003, with a particular emphasis on last year. I agree with Grind about how good they are.

cubs are my nl team of chocie just cause of how many former sox players are there now :p

lester is there
lackey is there
david ross (red sox catcher)

victorino is in cubs minor league now

The Mariners getting swept by the Twins shows how competitive they will be in the playoffs this year. I have been rooting for the Cubs to win the World Series since 2003, with a particular emphasis on last year. I agree with Grind about how good they are.
How can you root for the Cubs to win the Series? That's like rooting for the sun to go Nova.

How can you root for the Cubs to win the Series? That's like rooting for the sun to go Nova.

I wanted a Cubs-Red Sox Series back in 2003 to force the matter. It would either have had to end in a Cubs victory, Red Sox victory, or the apocalypse (or 50 innings of play in Game 7, at which point both teams agreed to a draw).

:nuke:

Back