Cubs

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
After blowing it last night, they managed to prevent a game five by rallying big in the 9th to finish off the Giants. I think SF was the biggest threat they had to face, and it's downhill from here. They would probably rather face the Nationals, because the Dodgers have better pitching, and are a more complete team. I don't think either AL team can compete with the pitching staffs of the NL teams, the Injuns impressive performance against Boston notwithstanding. Hopefully, it will be Cubs-Blue Jays, so that if they blow it, it will be against a team I really like.

Time for the effing curse to end. No more billy goats, black cats, or Steve Bartmans!!

Definitely want to see the Indians beat the Jays. I hate the Jays. Bautista is a jerk and their fans deserve to lose.

I used to be a big Cubs fan in the early 80s. That was before we had a team and cable first let us watch the Cubs or Braves everyday. The Braves were always boring. Even when they had that great staff they were boring. Harry, the day games and the Ivy were more appealing. Now they've got Madden and BenZo, which makes them even more of a favorite.

It was "the night," when I posted it (in your time zone it was still before midnight). Thus, "last night" from the time of my post was the night the Cubs lost game three in extra innings.

Learn to read, please.

It was "the night," when I posted it (in your time zone it was still before midnight). Thus, "last night" from the time of my post was the night the Cubs lost game three in extra innings.

Learn to read, please.

I read "Today"......need I read more?......its not my fault you can't remember what day it is when you post.......

I read "Today"......need I read more?......its not my fault you can't remember what day it is when you post.......

It was the same day in central time. Also, the game was played in San Francisco. Then there's the matter of the time stamp on my post. You are truly the most illiterate poster I've ever encountered, and I've known Topspin for years (until his permaban, anyway).

Bautista rules, because the Rangers hate him.

He is a douche. Never liked him, he has a whiny face and then that slide early in the season where he clearly and intentionally grabbed our middle infielder's leg. Him and their coach whined about the interference call. He is a damn good hitter.

Toronto's fans are breaking all the stereotypes about Canadians.

Donaldson looks like an idiot with that haircut. He's probably on the alt right with grind.

But I do like little Kevin "the Keirmaier wannabe."

Donaldson is a typical Oakland A's product. Shitty defense, excellent/gritty hitter, and deplorable grooming standards. A's actually have really stepped-up their defensive quality the past couple of years. For a long time, though, they were good for at least two errors per game, and sometimes as many as five on a bad day.

world series for me will be vs. the chicago red sox and the clevland redsox.

clevland:

tito, napoli, coco crisp, andrew miller

vs.

cubs:

lester, lackey, ross, theo

gonna be good.

I hate how they ran terry francona out of town, so be nice for him to win

in case you dont know boston inside baseball scene our owners tend to shit on people when they leave and be douchey.

Back