Current Events, General Politics and other categories

Commander Dutch

Sworn to support and defend the Constitution
There doesn't seem to be much definition in categories. It's good to not be tied down with too many rules and regulations, but why have different categories if they aren't used?

At the moment, I can title a thread "Earl sucks his own penis" toss in a link (which isn't even required for 'Current Event'") and then it becomes a Moderator judgment call whether or not it's a Current Event**.

It's better, IMO, that some of the major categories be a little better defined. A better definition takes the work load off mods and makes any decision of theirs less arbitrary.

Examples:

Current Event: any topic in the news***. Must be accompanied by a link to an event or news article about an event within three months of posting the thread. A news article dated today but about the 2016 election would still qualify since the news link is within the three month window.

Additionally, the OP must include a comment by the OP author regarding the link. The title of the thread must be about the linked event.

General Politics: Same title, link and comment requirements, but must be political in nature regardless of date.

**since Earl does play with his own cock, an argument can be made that it's a current event.

***Should "Current Events" only be political events or be open to all current events?

"Earl goes full blown troll" sounds very current to me, as it is occurring right now and no doubt will continue to the rest of this week. lol

Hopefully Toxic will report that thread as self-appointed Forum Hall Monitor, reprising her "career." :laugh:

Qlg8CdJ.jpg

It's a good suggestion.

I agree.

And people: Please use quotes when quoting someone else. And put a link, please. Give us a few paragraphs, not the whole article. Do include a few comments of your own on why you chose that link and why you think we should discuss it. Make it clear to differentiate between what is being quoted and what your own comments are. Thanks.

There doesn't seem to be much definition in categories. It's good to not be tied down with too many rules and regulations, but why have different categories if they aren't used?

At the moment, I can title a thread "Earl sucks his own penis" toss in a link (which isn't even required for 'Current Event'") and then it becomes a Moderator judgment call whether or not it's a Current Event**.

It's better, IMO, that some of the major categories be a little better defined. A better definition takes the work load off mods and makes any decision of theirs less arbitrary.

Examples:

Current Event: any topic in the news***. Must be accompanied by a link to an event or news article about an event within three months of posting the thread. A news article dated today but about the 2016 election would still qualify since the news link is within the three month window.

Additionally, the OP must include a comment by the OP author regarding the link. The title of the thread must be about the linked event.

General Politics: Same title, link and comment requirements, but must be political in nature regardless of date.

**since Earl does play with his own cock, an argument can be made that it's a current event.

***Should "Current Events" only be political events or be open to all current events?

Any calling out posters has to go war zone as it's only seen by members and isn't part of other feeds. I made a legitimate current event discussion as a noob but added a poll about Legion. It was shuttered.

Any calling out posters has to go war zone as it's only seen by members and isn't part of other feeds. I made a legitimate current event discussion as a noob but added a poll about Legion. It was shuttered.

No doubt. Please link the post as an example if it still exists.

Agreed call out threads should go to the War Zone.

"Earl goes full blown troll" sounds very current to me, as it is occurring right now and no doubt will continue to the rest of this week. lol

Hopefully Toxic will report that thread as self-appointed Forum Hall Monitor, reprising her "career." :laugh:

Qlg8CdJ.jpg
The fact Earl is a current troll doesn't mean it should be in a forum of "Current Events". :D

TOP? As in "I never report anyone" TOP? TOP as in self-appointed Mod TOP? ;)

I doubt I could find it, it was maybe 3 years ago and from my old account. Not impossible but time-consuming.

Not that time consuming. It's a matter of knowing it exists that's the hard part. Once I found out the monarchist cocksucker formerly known as Havana Moon once posted under "Tom Prendergast", it took me less than two minutes to find a lot of data validating the information about him.

I, or anyone, can use the advance search function to do it themselves. If you prefer to hide your former name, I understand.

Back