Dad lets kid drop out to watch movies

At 15 I would have thought that too.

I'm sure by the time he's 30 and is working at Applebees, he'll feel a little differently.

His dad makes films though, right? He’ll probably end up doing the same thing and make more money that all the rest of us.

He'll be a walking example of the "credit report dot com" commercials.

speakign of which I was listening to some call in show this morning and this woman who graduated with a paralegal degree two years ago was talking about how difficult it is to find work even with a degree. She's managed to only get a temp job and someone commented that paralegals in some areas have to compete with lawyers.

I'm sure his GED will hope up well in tough economic times.

His dad makes films though, right? He’ll probably end up doing the same thing and make more money that all the rest of us.

I'm going out on a limb here and going to guess that not many film production companies will invest millions on someone with a GED when you have accomplished film students flooding the market. But I could be wrong.

Also, its not like he's acting or modeling or any other career where dumb luck, good looks and no education can lead you to millions.

I'm going out on a limb here and going to guess that not many film production companies will invest millions on someone with a GED when you have accomplished film students flooding the market. But I could be wrong.

Letters can't make someone into a creative genius, nor can a lack of a degree keep a person's talent from blossoming.

"If he hadn't done something like that, he wouldn't have been my dad. I think that three years we spent together formed me as a person," said Jesse Gilmour, now 22, working as a restaurant cook in Vancouver and mulling a career as a filmmaker.

Good job, daddy. You done your son real proud.

Last edited:
Back