Daffy Donald, Turning Pea Green With Envy

martin

By Maureen Dowd

If you need more evidence that Trump is flummoxed about how to counter Kamala Harris, just check out his daffy reaction to her dynamite convention.
Friday morning, Trump crowed on Truth Social: “My Administration will be great for women and their reproductive rights.”
Friday evening, Trump crowed, “The Republican Party is charging forward on many fronts, and I am very proud that we are a LEADER on I.V.F.”

Yeah, a leader in trying to get rid of it.

At first, I thought there must have been an Iranian hack. These posts were too ridiculous even for Trump. His modus vivendi is projection, but the posts seemed intended to back up Kamala’s line in her big speech that, when it comes to women’s reproductive rights, Trump and JD Vance are simply “out of their minds.”
Trump is usually crowing, after all, about the three conservative justices he put on the Supreme Court who would overturn Roe. If he gets back in the Oval, he’ll probably put yet another religious fanatic onto the court who will try to foist some other horrible legal restriction on the country.

And the worst part about it is that Trump is not even a true believer. He was pro-choice long before he decided to run for president as a Republican. The amoral man who was once a famously promiscuous New York playboy wrecked the Supreme Court simply because it helped him with his Christian right disciples.
Kamala ridiculed Trump in her speech, dismissing him as “an unserious man,” but the real dagger in his heart was that she trumped him in the ratings. That set off a meshuga meltdown on Truth Social, with Trump maniacally capitalizing any piffle that entered his head.

When Kamala came out onstage, looking strong and elegant in a Chloé navy pantsuit, Trump demanded: “WHERE’S HUNTER?”

Then he accused Tim Walz of résumé enhancement for his role on a high school football team. “Walz was an ASSISTANT Coach, not a COACH.”
Ripping defensive coordinators is not a good strategy for running up the vote in “Friday Night Lights” territory.

He followed up the posts with a scream-of-consciousness call to Fox News, filibustering Bret Baier and Martha McCallum for 10 minutes until Baier abruptly cut him off to throw to the Greg Gutfeld comedy show.

“At several points during the call, a familiar beeping sound interrupted Mr. Trump’s remarks,” wrote The Times’s Michael Grynbaum and Michael Gold. “It appeared that the former president was accidentally pressing buttons on the keypad of his phone.”

Friday was another day of lunacy, as R.F.K. Jr. — the anti-vaxxer — dropped out and endorsed Trump, who once proclaimed himself “father of the vaccine” for Covid. In Phoenix, R.F.K. Jr. gave an incoherent speech that went from contaminated food to media collusion and censorship to Democrats being the party of “big money.” (That last, even though he chose a billionaire as a running mate, got millions from a billionaire, and is endorsing a billionaire.)...

By Maureen Dowd

If you need more evidence that Trump is flummoxed about how to counter Kamala Harris, just check out his daffy reaction to her dynamite convention.
Friday morning, Trump crowed on Truth Social: “My Administration will be great for women and their reproductive rights.”
Friday evening, Trump crowed, “The Republican Party is charging forward on many fronts, and I am very proud that we are a LEADER on I.V.F.”

At first, I thought there must have been an Iranian hack. These posts were too ridiculous even for Trump. His modus vivendi is projection, but the posts seemed intended to back up Kamala’s line in her big speech that, when it comes to women’s reproductive rights, Trump and JD Vance are simply “out of their minds.”
Trump is usually crowing, after all, about the three conservative justices he put on the Supreme Court who would overturn Roe. If he gets back in the Oval, he’ll probably put yet another religious fanatic onto the court who will try to foist some other horrible legal restriction on the country.

And the worst part about it is that Trump is not even a true believer. He was pro-choice long before he decided to run for president as a Republican. The amoral man who was once a famously promiscuous New York playboy wrecked the Supreme Court simply because it helped him with his Christian right disciples.
Kamala ridiculed Trump in her speech, dismissing him as “an unserious man,” but the real dagger in his heart was that she trumped him in the ratings. That set off a meshuga meltdown on Truth Social, with Trump maniacally capitalizing any piffle that entered his head.

When Kamala came out onstage, looking strong and elegant in a Chloé navy pantsuit, Trump demanded: “WHERE’S HUNTER?”

Then he accused Tim Walz of résumé enhancement for his role on a high school football team. “Walz was an ASSISTANT Coach, not a COACH.”
Ripping defensive coordinators is not a good strategy for running up the vote in “Friday Night Lights” territory.

He followed up the posts with a scream-of-consciousness call to Fox News, filibustering Bret Baier and Martha McCallum for 10 minutes until Baier abruptly cut him off to throw to the Greg Gutfeld comedy show.

“At several points during the call, a familiar beeping sound interrupted Mr. Trump’s remarks,” wrote The Times’s Michael Grynbaum and Michael Gold. “It appeared that the former president was accidentally pressing buttons on the keypad of his phone.”

Friday was another day of lunacy, as R.F.K. Jr. — the anti-vaxxer — dropped out and endorsed Trump, who once proclaimed himself “father of the vaccine” for Covid. In Phoenix, R.F.K. Jr. gave an incoherent speech that went from contaminated food to media collusion and censorship to Democrats being the party of “big money.” (That last, even though he chose a billionaire as a running mate, got millions from a billionaire, and is endorsing a billionaire.)...

The truth hurts, I know...Let's see how Kam does now that the circus packed up and left town....

The truth hurts, I know...Let's see how Kam does now that the circus packed up and left town....
The truth that hurts all of us, without exception,
is that Trump is a major party presidential candidate
and not a patient in a good, modern, mental health hospital.
It's time we start building those, available to all who need them.

He's become completely incoherent.

Ms. Harris, in contrast, obviously has an IQ of at least 150,
is very highly accomplished,
and as trustworthy as a mere human can possibly be.

It's a pretty easy choice for anybody mentally and morally qualified to vote.
Unfortunately, those are not voting requirements in this nation,
so anything,
including the sure apocalypse resulting from a Trump victory,
could theoretically happen.

By Maureen Dowd

:magagrin:

The truth that hurts all of us, without exception,
is that Trump is a major party presidential candidate
and not a patient in a good, modern, mental health hospital.
It's time we start building those, available to all who need them.

He's become completely incoherent.

Ms. Harris, in contrast, obviously has an IQ of at least 150,
is very highly accomplished,
and as trustworthy as a mere human can possibly be.

It's a pretty easy choice for anybody mentally and morally qualified to vote.
Unfortunately, those are not voting requirements in this nation,
so anything,
including the sure apocalypse resulting from a Trump victory,
could theoretically happen.
Ok...

Back