Dangerous sports

My cousin was paralyzed for life from a horse fall

I'm sorry to hear that. Severe injury is always a possibility when working with large and powerful animals. I've had a lot of falls too and it's always a little scary. I still love everything about it despite the danger.

I'm sorry to hear that. Severe injury is always a possibility when working with large and powerful animals. I've had a lot of falls too and it's always a little scary. I still love everything about it despite the danger.

She never lost her love of horses, her room stayed filled with the same kind of horse stuff

Yup....this is why I don't ride on bike paths. I'm surprised the lady didn't yell at them for not watching where they were going.

I had a lady do that to me once. Drove out into the middle intersection as I was driving through the right of way. I hit her front quarter panel. I flipped over the handle bars, landed on her hood, bounced off of it, hit the road and slid for about 10 feet. The lady then proceeded to get out of her car, came over to where I was laying on the road and started yelling at me for not watching where I was going and let me know I was going to pay for the damage to her hood.

Fortunately there were witnesses that she ran the intersection when I had the right of way and they let her know exactly what they though of her. She started singing a different tune when the cops showed up and wanted to know if I wanted to press charges against her. I asked the officer if he was finding her at fault for the accident? He said "Yes" so we just traded insurance information and she ended up paying for my trip to the doctor for my case of road rash and an x-ray and a new front wheel.

Yup....this is why I don't ride on bike paths. I'm surprised the lady didn't yell at them for not watching where they were going.

I had a lady do that to me once. Drove out into the middle intersection as I was driving through the right of way. I hit her front quarter panel. I flipped over the handle bars, landed on her hood, bounced off of it, hit the road and slid for about 10 feet. The lady then proceeded to get out of her car, came over to where I was laying on the road and started yelling at me for not watching where I was going and let me know I was going to pay for the damage to her hood.

Fortunately there were witnesses that she ran the intersection when I had the right of way and they let her know exactly what they though of her. She started singing a different tune when the cops showed up and wanted to know if I wanted to press charges against her. I asked the officer if he was finding her at fault for the accident? He said "Yes" so we just traded insurance information and she ended up paying for my trip to the doctor for my case of road rash and an x-ray and a new front wheel.

I had one with my Norton, years ago.

I was coming home, after work, and turned to go down my street.
1 block after where I turned there was a stop sign for East/West traffic and none for North/South.
As I'm approaching the intersection, from the North, the wife of the Elementary School Principal ran the stop sign and I thought I was in for it.
I saw the front end of her car dip down and realized that she was hitting her brakes.
I leaned to the right, then back to the left, and passed so close to her front bumper that my pants leg brushed the dust off of her front bumper.
Looked at her and she was sitting there holding both hands in the air.

It wasn't so much that she misjudged the distance, between us; but that she just drove right through the stop sign.

Back