Dave Chappelle and the Perils of Button-Pushing Comedy

BidenPresident

Verified User
Halfway through a sold-out show at the PNC Arena in Raleigh, N.C., on Wednesday, Dave Chappelle stopped to ask the audience about screaming coming from the balcony. “I’m scared it might be the Jews coming for me,” he said, a mischievous tone in his gravelly voice.

This was a reference to a previous show, in Boston, where Chappelle’s criticism of Israeli policies reportedly led to cheers and pushback from the crowd, hundreds of walkouts.

But what seems clear from the reports is that along with defending Harvard students who had signed a letter saying Israel was “entirely responsible” for the violence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/26/arts/television/dave-chappelle-button-pushing-comedy.html

Halfway through a sold-out show at the PNC Arena in Raleigh, N.C., on Wednesday, Dave Chappelle stopped to ask the audience about screaming coming from the balcony. “I’m scared it might be the Jews coming for me,” he said, a mischievous tone in his gravelly voice.

This was a reference to a previous show, in Boston, where Chappelle’s criticism of Israeli policies reportedly led to cheers and pushback from the crowd, hundreds of walkouts.

But what seems clear from the reports is that along with defending Harvard students who had signed a letter saying Israel was “entirely responsible” for the violence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/26/arts/television/dave-chappelle-button-pushing-comedy.html

I've always thought Chappelle was good, he hasn't dissappointed me here. Like most people, I think Hamas' killing of Israelis, mainly civilians, was wrong, but as usual, Israel's retaliation is even worse. I also side with Chappelle and the President of Harvard University in saying that people shouldn't lose their jobs because they express controversial views. For more on the students referenced above:

Harvard president defends free speech on campus after students’ anti-Israel statement: ‘We do not punish or sanction people for expressing such views’ | Boston Herald

I find it surprising that the President would defend them, considering Harvard's rating on free speech. From the article linked above:

Harvard was recently ranked as the worst college for free speech in the country. Harvard ranked last out of 248 colleges in a survey of more than 55,000 students across the U.S., receiving the only “Abysmal” rating in the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression and College Pulse free speech rankings.

When will man kind get the memo in this life....two topics are off base......Jews and Maga Trump fucks. Love me some Dave, but he's too fuckin comfy with white ppl, which will be his downfall in this life.

When will man kind get the memo in this life....two topics are off base......Jews and Maga Trump fucks. Love me some Dave, but he's too fuckin comfy with white ppl, which will be his downfall in this life.
and all this time I thought it was gays and blacks......

Its too bad dave lacks a moral compass.

I've always thought Chappelle was good, he hasn't dissappointed me here. Like most people, I think Hamas' killing of Israelis, mainly civilians, was wrong, but as usual, Israel's retaliation is even worse. I also side with Chappelle and the President of Harvard University in saying that people shouldn't lose their jobs because they express controversial views. For more on the students referenced above:

Harvard president defends free speech on campus after students’ anti-Israel statement: ‘We do not punish or sanction people for expressing such views’ | Boston Herald

I find it surprising that the President would defend them, considering Harvard's rating on free speech. From the article linked above:

Harvard was recently ranked as the worst college for free speech in the country. Harvard ranked last out of 248 colleges in a survey of more than 55,000 students across the U.S., receiving the only “Abysmal” rating in the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression and College Pulse free speech rankings.

I don't believe that any retaliation by the Jews, against a group who has the complete annihilation of the Jews as one of their stated goals, could be "even worse".

Who cares what right wingers think of free speech. They support Trump.

Back