Define Troll

Rune

Mjölner
Really.

If everyone you disagree with is a troll, re-enlist in the young republicans club instead of posting here.

Really.

If everyone you disagree with is a troll, re-enlist in the young republicans club instead of posting here.
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/troller.htm

troller.jpg

Troller is looking for a response...ANY response, and he will chum the waters with complaints, insults, compliments, and inflammatory tidbits hoping that someone...ANYONE, will take the bait. Generally quite harmless - practices a form of catch and release. Nonetheless, he can upset the delicate ecology of a discussion forum. Once a forum becomes aware of his presence, however, all feeding activity ceases and Troller must move on to more promising waters.

LOL, certain people have used the same "debate" method here and on numerous other boards for years....they've even invented a boogeyman they call legion troll, and dozens of people are accused of being this boogeyman.

Before that they called him Maine Man.

If this person really existed, he/she would have to be a master of space and time to be on so many chat rooms at the same time.

LOL, certain people have used the same "debate" method here and on numerous other boards for years....they've even invented a boogeyman they call legion troll, and dozens of people are accused of being this boogeyman.

Before that they called him Maine Man.

If this person really existed, he/she would have to be a master of space and time to be on so many chat rooms at the same time.

Several individuals referred to me as "legion troll". How are you supposed to react when no definition is offered? Must be an inside joke.

Jerk would be the flame warrior to describe many whom I've encountered here.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/jerk.htm

jerk.jpg

Jerk is sarcastic, mean, unforgiving and never misses an opportunity to make a cutting remark. Jerk's repulsive personality quickly alienates other Warriors, and after some initial skirmishing he is usually ostracized. Still, Jerk is very happy to participate in electronic forums because in cyberspace he is free to be himself...without the risk of getting a real-time punch in the mouth

Maineman was never accused of being Legion, let alone a troll at all.

While I will concede that there has never been a general social/cognitive/psychological understanding between the posters who came from this site by way of P/FP and the proles who came here from AOL/USMB/etc.; I don't believe there was any confusion about who was trolling and who was not.

Legion needs to quit being a faggot, but people who defend his leftist caricatures need to grow the fuck up, just as people who defended right leaning caricatures such as Mojo.

Also there are quite a few Big Dogs and Me-Toos.
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bigdogmetoo.htm

bigdog.jpg

Big Dog is a bully who doesn't hesitate to use his superior strength to intimidate other combatants. Big Dog may be smart, articulate or just plain mean, but in any case he is a remorseless fighter, brutally ripping into even the weakest of combatants. Once Big Dog securely fastens his powerful jaws on a hapless victim, Me-Too will join the attack. Me-Too is far too weak and insecure to engage in single combat, and must ally himself with Big Dog or a pack of other Warriors to bring down his quarry.

If the shoe fits.....LOL.

Maineman was never accused of being Legion, let alone a troll at all. While I will concede that there has never been a general social/cognitive/psychological understanding between the posters who came from this site by way of P/FP and the proles who came here from AOL/USMB/etc.; I don't believe there was any confusion about who was trolling and who was not. Legion needs to quit being a faggot, but people who defend his leftist caricatures need to grow the fuck up, just as people who defended right leaning caricatures such as Mojo.

Dope Solo misses again. Nearly every new member is accused of being the all-powerful, mysterious legion troll.

bilde

at its core a troll is simply somebody that posts something with the motive of being able to see the reactions of everybody rather than to generate real discussion.

A lot of people do this so often that it doesn't even feel like trolling anymore. I am a prime example of this. I just get a lot of joy these days seeing everyone fight. Go look at my nasa submission for example. The superfreak v. mott stuff was aweeeesome.

In the old days of the internets, trolling was all about subtlety. The trick was to blend in, and essentially enact >Poes law.< What we see with legion troll really isn't that, you aren't really trolling if it's that obvious. Unless people are dumb enough to give you reactions (which a lot of you are, in fact, that dumb). But mostly legion troll is more of an account gimmick or a parody, and not a true troll, unless dealing with dumb audiences.

New trolls;

Stallion
Mr. T
Alias.

This is funny coming from the troll himself. Your definition of troll is not to answer questions, you don't answer questions, thus you are a troll. Also, anyone who spends an hour giving someone over 130 reps is a loser and should be called a troll. Especially after you said I was on ignore and you stupidly thought because I am new that I couldn't figure out that you have to see my posts to ignore them. That is because you're dumb Return of Dune. It is why you run away from me, you are scared of your intellectual superior.

Back