Definition of Narcisism

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/02/haysbert.obama.ap/index.html

RENO, Nevada (AP) -- Dennis Haysbert likes to believe his portrayal as the first African-American U.S. president on Fox's "24" may have helped pave the way for Barack Obama.

Dennis Haysbert, who appeared on Fox's "24," says some fans come up to him and ask him to run for office.

"If anything, my portrayal of David Palmer, I think, may have helped open the eyes of the American people," said the actor, who has contributed $2,300 to the Illinois Democrat's presidential campaign.

"And I mean the American people from across the board -- from the poorest to the richest, every color and creed, every religious base -- to prove the possibility there could be an African-American president, a female president, any type of president that puts the people first," he said Tuesday.

Seriously. Actors need to get a grip and understand their insignificance. As a matter of fact most people need to take a step back and digest the fact that they are not the center of the world.

You know, I think that the fact that I post on an internet message board so much has really opened up the internet as a means of communication & commerce. Without it, we'd probably still be using faxes. It really showed Americans - all Americans - what the potential of this great medium is.

You know, I think that the fact that I post on an internet message board so much has really opened up the internet as a means of communication & commerce. Without it, we'd probably still be using faxes. It really showed Americans - all Americans - what the potential of this great medium is.

:cof1:

Can you imagine. Someone needs to breakdown the numbers for this guy. This is how many people voted......this is how many people watched your show and no one cares enough to do a study to figure out how many people voted for Obama and watched your show.

btw -

http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/do_we_really_want_another_black

LOL

I think Dennis Haysbert is correct, but his failure to acknowledge the sacrafices of those that came before him and in whose footsteps he follows is remarkable. Had there been no James Earl Jones in "The Man" there would have been no Tom Lister, Jr. in "The Fifth Element." Without James Lister, there would have been no Morgan Freeman in "Deep Impact" and no Chris Rock in "Head of State." Without these brave visionaries, there would have been no Dennis Haysbert and no Barack Obama.

The country owes these braves souls a debt of gratitude.

I think Dennis Haysbert is correct, but his failure to acknowledge the sacrafices of those that came before him and in whose footsteps he follows is remarkable. Had there been no James Earl Jones in "The Man" there would have been no Tom Lister, Jr. in "The Fifth Element." Without James Lister, there would have been no Morgan Freeman in "Deep Impact" and no Chris Rock in "Head of State." Without these brave visionaries, there would have been no Dennis Haysbert and no Barack Obama.

The country owes these braves souls a debt of gratitude.

There is no doubt in some small way, people in politics, the entertainment industry and law have paved Obama's path. The problem I have with this article is that this tool, seems to think the earth revolves around him and his part on 24.

I mean, really the dude needs to get overhimself.

"I still, even after three seasons into 'The Unit' playing Sgt. Maj. Jonas Blaine, I'm still asked by people on the street to run," he said.

The fact that people are asking him to run only indicates how stupid the average American is. These are the people who read random fiction on the internet and post comments on the story as if it had actually happened. These people have the IQ of a brick. This actor is just proving he's just as stupid.

I am Narcisism defined, but I do think Mr. Haysbert rocked in 24 as President David Palmer.

But, yeah, the comment is pretty dumb... Have you guys seen him peddling All State on TV?

Back