Dem state senator lists Obama's accomplishments on national TV

Little-Acorn

With a viewership numbering in the hundreds, MSNBC may not actually qualify as "national TV", but it still catches an occasional nugget.

------------------------------------------

http://opinionjournal.com

from "Best of the Web"
by James Taranto

On MSNBC last night, host Chris Matthews had a telling interview with Kirk Watson, a state senator from Texas who is a strong Obama supporter. It's worth actually watching the video, which is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGeu_4Ekx-o , but here's a partial transcript, provided by National Review's Kathryn Lopez http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzM0MGFiMjZhYWZmZDcyM2M1ODgyYjA3NjE4ZjU1ZGY= :

*** QUOTE ***

Matthews: "You are a big Barack supporter, right, Senator?"

Watson: "I am. Yes, I am."

Matthews: "Well, name some of his legislative accomplishments. No, Senator, I want you to name some of Barack Obama's legislative accomplishments tonight if you can."

Watson: "Well, you know, what I will talk about is more about what he is offering the American people right now."

Matthews: "No. No. What has he accomplished, sir? You say you support him. Sir, you have to give me his accomplishments. You've supported him for president. You are on national television. Name his legislative accomplishments, Barack Obama, sir."

Watson: "Well, I'm not going to be able to name you specific items of legislative accomplishments."

Matthews: "Can you name any? Can you name anything he's accomplished as a congressman?"

Watson: "No, I'm not going to be able to do that tonight."

Matthews: "Well, that is a problem isn't it?"

*** END QUOTE ***

LOL.

Translation:

"I was totally unprepared for anything other than softballs about how awesome it is that girls faint at the awesome sight of the godlike physique of Obama!"

He has made his spouse happy enough that she doesn't look outside the relationship for pleasure, which his opponent from NY has failed to do over the years...

LOL..............

He has made his spouse happy enough that she doesn't look outside the relationship for pleasure, which his opponent from NY has failed to do over the years...

you know this for a fact?...only her hairdresser knows that for sure!:cof1:

Ok real quick all you Reagan nuts, name me the top 5 things he did prior to becoming president of the United States in 1980. Hint, one of them was making abortion EASIER in California.

I support Obama because I like hope and dreams.
LOL. I saw your list in the what America means to you, you can't even dwell on a positive if you were paid to do it. If your dreams and hopes were to come to fruition I fear we'd be in a living nightmare.

For the record, hope can sometimes be a trap, and sometimes dreams are just dreams. It is action that actually takes you somewhere. Goals, not dreams, that will make something happen.

LOL. I saw your list in the what America means to you, you can't even dwell on a positive if you were paid to do it. If your dreams and hopes were to come to fruition I fear we'd be in a living nightmare.

For the record, hope can sometimes be a trap, and sometimes dreams are just dreams. It is action that actually takes you somewhere. Goals, not dreams, that will make something happen.

ZOMG?! It take action?!

Thanks for the inspirational speech of the day!

Surely this will fix all my problems. ;)

Naw, goals just win soccer and hockey games...

Back