Democrats Are Fucking Liars

http://www.democrats.org/a/national/civil_rights/

Fact: The Republicans passed their first Civil Rights Act in 1868, followed by the Acts of 1875, 1957, 1960, 1964, and 1968. All were opposed by majorities of the Democrat party.

More

I gotta know.

Is the name "Yadkin" some kind of local colloquialism for "horseshit" or some such word?

Cuz horseshit pretty much sums up what you shovel here day after day, and if you lived in "Horseshit Valley", it would explain so much.

And if those Democrats were alive today, unaffiliated and looking at which of the two main Political parties active today espouses their core beliefs, which party do you think they would choose?

That is completely beside the point. Those democrats fought against the civil rights acts and the republicans pressed for it.

Granted, it was not all democrats fight against and not all republicans fighting for, but the majority fit the descriptions.

That is completely beside the point. Those democrats fought against the civil rights acts and the republicans pressed for it.

Granted, it was not all democrats fight against and not all republicans fighting for, but the majority fit the descriptions.

I thought it was a simple enough question.

My mistake...and thx for answering btw.

The appropriate talking point is "The Civil Rights Act of 1964 could never have passed without Republican support." That one has the benefit of being true.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was supported by a majority of Democrats in both the House and the Senate so your statement of "fact" is a lie.

I stand corrected. I should have said that a higher percentage of Democrats opposed the 1964 Act than than Republicans.

The appropriate talking point is "The Civil Rights Act of 1964 could never have passed without Republican support." That one has the benefit of being true.

Actually, conservative Senator Everett McKinley Dirksen, a Republican, sponsored the bill and was its chief proponent.

I stand corrected. I should have said that a higher percentage of Democrats opposed the 1964 Act than than Republicans.

Actually, conservative Senator Everett McKinley Dirksen, a Republican, sponsored the bill and was its chief proponent.

Actually, my understanding is that Dirksen sponsored a compromise measure to get the votes necessary to override a filibuster (by Byrd), not that he was a sponsor of the original bill.

Actually, my understanding is that Dirksen sponsored a compromise measure to get the votes necessary to override a filibuster (by Byrd), not that he was a sponsor of the original bill.

Little known is the fact that it was Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois, not Democrat President Lyndon Johnson, who pushed through the landmark 1964 Civil Rights Act. In fact, Dirksen was instrumental in the passage of civil rights legislation in 1957, 1960, 1964, 1965 and 1968. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. hailed Senator Dirksen’s “able and courageous Leadership”, and "The Chicago Defender”, the largest black-owned daily at that time, praised Senator Dirksen “for the grand manner of his generalship behind the passage of the best civil rights measures that have ever been enacted into law since Reconstruction”.

The chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act were Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd, a former official in the Ku Klux Klan who is still in Congress. None of these racist Democrats became Republicans.
http://www.nbra.info/FrequentlyAske...he_Key_To_Modern-era_Civil_Rights_Legislation

Back