Democrats desperately needed...

NOVA

U. S. NAVY Veteran
http://www.industryweek.com/ReadArticle.aspx?ArticleID=17335

Sweden Announces Income Tax Cuts to Boost Jobs
Part of overall tax reduction program to stimulate employment

By . Agence France-Presse

Sept. 17, 2008 -- Sweden announced income tax cuts of 15 billion kronor (US$2.21 billion) in a bid to stimulate the job market, one of its primary objectives.

All you dimwits are needed to send email, letters, etc. to Sweden so they don't do anything as stupid as cutting taxes to boost jobs...
The dimDems know this never works....cutting taxes will destroy Swedens economy for sure....tell them what its done here in the US....

they need to shown that giving mortgages to their poorest citizens that don't have a rats chance in hell of paying it back is the way to success.....ala Barney Franks "Way to Economic Freedom for the Masses".....

One thing I wish candidates would discuss when talking about corporate tax rates is where America fits in globally compared to countries we compete with. Seeing that we are in a global economy corporations do have options where they can go. The more people understand the better the picture of our economy they have.

One thing I wish candidates would discuss when talking about corporate tax rates is where America fits in globally compared to countries we compete with. Seeing that we are in a global economy corporations do have options where they can go. The more people understand the better the picture of our economy they have.

yeah we want living standards like China and Bangladesh.

It is coming but no need to rush it.

Get you shovel out and you adopt 1 mile of highway to keep up.
You dig up the broken sewer line and fix it.
You take a poor family into your home and feed em.
You take in a disbaled vet to care for him/her.
You buy bullets and ship to the troops. Perhaps you community can buy them a tank or at least a couple of armored vehicles.

You don't want to do it ? that is why we pay taxes.

Last edited:
"Taxes are the price we pay for civilized society"
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

But... since neo cons like Bravo don't believe in society this means nothing to him.

"Taxes are the price we pay for civilized society"
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

But... since neo cons like Bravo don't believe in society this means nothing to him.

It's good to see you keep things in perspective by equating saying we need to keep our taxes competitive with competing economies to saying we want to pay no taxes.

That's a decent point. But first you'd have to get the candidates to talk about the effective rate that companies actually pay (including all loopholes and other methods of reducing corporate taxes) as opposed to the starting point of the corporate tax rate. That's difficult in and of itself. And then there are questions of the appropriate measure of corporate taxes. Should we look at simply the tax rate or actual tax receipts.

McCain recently held up the Irish as an example. They have a relatively low corporate tax rate of 12.5% but as take in corporate taxes that amount to 4% of Irish GDP. In the US we take in corporate taxes of roughly 2%. By one measure our taxes are high (the percentage rate) but by another ours are relatively low (only 2.2% of GDP as opposed to 4%).

Just some food for thought.

That's a decent point. But first you'd have to get the candidates to talk about the effective rate that companies actually pay (including all loopholes and other methods of reducing corporate taxes) as opposed to the starting point of the corporate tax rate. That's difficult in and of itself. And then there are questions of the appropriate measure of corporate taxes. Should we look at simply the tax rate or actual tax receipts.

McCain recently held up the Irish as an example. They have a relatively low corporate tax rate of 12.5% but as take in corporate taxes that amount to 4% of Irish GDP. In the US we take in corporate taxes of roughly 2%. By one measure our taxes are high (the percentage rate) but by another ours are relatively low (only 2.2% of GDP as opposed to 4%).

Just some food for thought.

Dungheap, I cannot argue with you on the information within bills being discussed by Congress. You are exceptionally talented and skilled in that area. I can argue with you in the real world where decisions are made based on taxes. I can do so because I am a part of it. My group/company makes $100 million/$1 billion real estate decisions based on government actions but partisanship plays zero (0) percent role. It's purely business.

Back