Democrats favored to take Mississippi's first district in special election in 10 days

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
http://www.swingstateproject.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=1715

If the Democrats win it, they'll have 3 out of the four house seats in Mississippi. However, they'd really only be hanging onto the first and the fourth by the skin of their teeth (no Democrat could win in my district besides Taylor, and the only thing that's giving Childers a chance is the fact the special elections in Missippi happen on a non-partisan ballot). It's still good news though - an extra seat for at least the next year.

MS-01: New Poll Shows a Dead Heat Between Childers and Davis
by: James L.
Wed Apr 09, 2008 at 1:44 PM EDT

Anzalone Liszt for Travis Childers (likely special election voters, 4/3-7):

Travis Childers (D): 41%
Greg Davis (R): 40%
(MoE: ±4.4%)

Those are the head-to-head results between Childers and Davis. However, in the special election on April 22nd, primary losers Glenn McCullough (R) and Steve Holland (D) will both be on the ballot (in addition to two third-party candidates). When all six names are read, Davis leads Childers by a statistically insignificant margin of 29%-27%. However, it should be noted that Holland is considering going to court in order to get his name off the special election ballot:

"I want the ballot clean," Holland said Wednesday from the State Capitol where he is chairman of the House Public Health Committee. "I'm not going to Washington for six months, even if I am elected."

McCullough said Wednesday he also has asked for his name to be taken off the special election ballot, but noted he isn't "quite as adamant" as Holland.

More information from the polling memo:

Among undecided voters, Democrats have a 15-point advantage on the generic ballot (40% Democrat / 25% Republican), another sign of Childers' expansion potential. This is the result of high undecided vote among blacks which will most likely go to Childers.

This one should definitely turn some heads.

Back