Desean Jackson is an idiot

Sun Devil

Death and Taxes
I think I kinda knew before this whole firestorm came out that Desean Jackson was at least associated with some people who were gang banging. In one game I had seen this dude make a play and threw up the "N" (Two fingers and a thumb) which here in California stands for Neighborhood (Associated with the Rollin O's card) which is a Crip gang. Then the recent media firestorm behind his association only confirmed my suspicion. I understand the pressure that comes with guys like Jackson who come from the streets in Cali and who are lucky enough to make it, to seem like they aren't above those whom are left behind and are still in the streets--I know, I've encountered that within my own family. But I think this 26 year-old Jackson needs to understand that with association of this kind comes a consequence. Just because his name is well-known does not mean he cannot be a target, and the fact that he is an NFL star and he associates with guys that are in gangs makes him an even bigger target for those out there trying to make a name for themselves.

I remember some time ago watching a Celtics gang Paul Pierce got into it with another player and threw up the "P" (for Piru) later on that week I believe his dumbass was fined for throwing up "inappropriate gestures" towards another player. These young guys today don't understand that society is watching them and that unfortunately despite wanting to be real and hang with the same people you grew up with, unfortunately if you hang with people who are suspect you are therefore guilt by association. Desean Jackson needs to take a page from Sherman Williams who only made a type of WWE rant on national television and was later referred to as a thug despite him being an honor student and graduating at a prestiguous University. With Jackson, he will be perceived as a thug even if he has no involvement due to the fact of the company he keeps.

Thankfully, the Redskins are taking a chance on this guy because this dude has very good talent (he killed us the last game the Eagles and the Boys played), but I sure hope he doesn't become another sad story of a dumbass who pissed away his chances because he wants to keep it real. Now I understand Jackson is involved in music and has his own label and is employing some of his guys (who are in gangs) as rappers I assume to keep them off the streets and in the studios which is very good and productive, but I hope this young man can maintain himself and be a positive light and get beyond this media firestorm.

Last edited:
Well, Richard Sherman is from his neighbourhood, played little league baseball with him, and defended him in an article, but I still tend to agree that Jackson is a fool. The fact that Chip Kelly wasn't sad to see his level of talent go says a lot.

SD, do you remember when Jackson spurned 'SC to go to Cal? I remember being so upset at the time. He was an incredible talent for Cal but he completely divided the locker room and team. Doesn't sound like it's too different with him in Philly. I think the Eagles were looking to release him anyway and are just using this gang stuff (especially after the Aaron Hernandez incident) as an excuse. Jackson certainly isn't the first uber talented prima donna to wear out his welcome with a team.

As for the ties to people in gangs like Richard Sherman said it's tough. It's hard to say just because you've become successful you are no longer going to be friends with people you've known most of your life. Yet there is that line where people doing bad things draw you in and bring you down.

Well, Richard Sherman is from his neighbourhood, played little league baseball with him, and defended him in an article, but I still tend to agree that Jackson is a fool. The fact that Chip Kelly wasn't sad to see his level of talent go says a lot.

I guess some of these guys didn't learn from Plaxico's situation. The way I see it, if these guys can make plays and win games they'll sweep shit like this under the rug until the shit effects the organization as a whole then all of a sudden now its time to get rid of a problem that has been there. The same exact shit I had seen when Deion and Irvin was going through those issues. I knew the shit was going to hit the fan with those two especially when Deion got on the team.

SD, do you remember when Jackson spurned 'SC to go to Cal? I remember being so upset at the time. He was an incredible talent for Cal but he completely divided the locker room and team. Doesn't sound like it's too different with him in Philly. I think the Eagles were looking to release him anyway and are just using this gang stuff (especially after the Aaron Hernandez incident) as an excuse. Jackson certainly isn't the first uber talented prima donna to wear out his welcome with a team.

As for the ties to people in gangs like Richard Sherman said it's tough. It's hard to say just because you've become successful you are no longer going to be friends with people you've known most of your life. Yet there is that line where people doing bad things draw you in and bring you down.

Yeah I remember, but I never heard of him having issues at Cal (shrug) but yeah you're right there aren't a lot of top players associating with old friends who run the streets but there are those that do, and all I gotta say is that is really dumb career wise and life wise. But we'll see how he does with the Redskins because believe it or not like Williams I'm pulling for the guy to turn his career around because I know this little black cloud is going to follow him and yeah I believe that Aaron Hernandez situation was just a reason to get rid of him.

Is the term "idiot" code for the N word?

I should've thread banned you...I wont make that mistake again after all, this is grown folk discussion. If you can't discuss football why the fuck would you waste your time trolling my thread?

The Eagles released Jackson because of (1) money and (2) Chip Kelly thinks he's replaceable. The gang shit was just a smokescreen.

The Eagles released Jackson because of (1) money and (2) Chip Kelly thinks he's replaceable. The gang shit was just a smokescreen.

This year will be interesting to see how Jackson handles this situation when these two play each other.

This year will be interesting to see how Jackson handles this situation when these two play each other.

Those will be two games that Jackson gives it everything he has. My prediction for the two games combined... 14 catches, 387 yards, 3 TDs... and yes, I pulled that out of my six

They also released him because of poor work ethic and he tends to be seen as a cancer to the locker room.

(1) Nothing changed on that score since they extended his contract in 2012. (2) They kept Riley Cooper so spare me the "cancer to the locker room" bullshit.

(1) Nothing changed on that score since they extended his contract in 2012. (2) They kept Riley Cooper so spare me the "cancer to the locker room" bullshit.

LMAO @ 'bullshit'... so one of the reasons being discussed as to why they did not want to keep him is 'bullshit'... because YOU say so?

The fact that they kept Cooper and dumped Jackson should tell you that he is indeed a cancer in the locker room. The team could 'live with' Coopers comment, but couldn't stand Jackson?

LMAO @ 'bullshit'... so one of the reasons being discussed as to why they did not want to keep him is 'bullshit'... because YOU say so?

The fact that they kept Cooper and dumped Jackson should tell you that he is indeed a cancer in the locker room. The team could 'live with' Coopers comment, but couldn't stand Jackson?

(1) That the Eagles could live with Cooper and cut Jackson says a whole lot more about the Eagles than it does about Jackson.

(2) What does the fact that the 'Skins signed him should tell you about Jackson's locker room presence?

(3) Just because a reason "is being discussed" doesn't mean that it is an actual reason why the Eagles released him. I'm not aware of any public comment from the Eagles on the reasons they cut him. It's all speculation at this point. And, yes, my opinion is that the locker room thing is bullshit, not least because they extended his contract in 2012 knowing full well about work ethic and the rest.

(4) Do you think that they would have cut him if he was set to earn, say, $3.5 million in 2014 instead of $10.5? Doubtful.

I should've thread banned you...I wont make that mistake again after all, this is grown folk discussion. If you can't discuss football why the fuck would you waste your time trolling my thread?

Because you don't know shit about football. Fuck off

This reminds me when Dallas picked up T.O knowing he was a head case

The Skins should hope to be so lucky. Here's TO's stat lines while in the big D. He missed one game in three years:

85-1180-13
81-1355-15
69-1052-10

Those numbers are damn good, head case or not.

The Skins should hope to be so lucky. Here's TO's stat lines while in the big D. He missed one game in three years:

85-1180-13
81-1355-15
69-1052-10

Those numbers are damn good, head case or not.

True but putting up those numbers brings out the prima donna in some players, then they start playing like soldiers of fortune at that point.

Back