Did Cravens put bounties out on Steelers?

christiefan915

Catalyst
Is the Pope Catholic?

"The New Orleans Saints find themselves involved in a major scandal after the NFL uncovered a bounty pool of up to $50,000 the last three seasons to reward game-ending injuries inflicted on opposing players.

But this isn't the first time that the league has investigated a team for targeting opposing players for profit. In October 2008, linebacker Terrell Suggs told an Atlanta radio station that the Ravens had "a bounty" -- yes, he used that word -- on wide receiver Hines Ward and running back Rashard Mendenhall...

His comments about a bounty seemed valid because it came after Mendenhall sustained a season-ending shoulder injury on a hit by Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis. Suggs later clarified his remarks, explaining the Ravens were merely planning to keep a close eye on certain players...

Ward first heard of the Ravens having a bounty on him back in January 2002. According to Ward that year, a Ravens player would be rewarded if he could knock out either one on a crossing route. And, if the Ravens were going to put a bounty on someone, you know they would place Ward at the top of that list.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/43507/did-ravens-put-bounties-out-on-steelers

as a "Cravens" fan i'm all indignant!! *was one hellofagame*

The 2 teams do not like each other, division rivals, and the games are always decided on a field goal or less.

"Football ain't beanbag" as someone once said. They don't call it the "black and blue" division for nothing

as a "Cravens" fan i'm all indignant!! *was one hellofagame*

The 2 teams do not like each other, division rivals, and the games are always decided on a field goal or less.

"Football ain't beanbag" as someone once said. They don't call it the "black and blue" division for nothing

Aw crap, I'm sorry annata. Forgot there was an actual fan here. I was having a bad day, first the loss, then the taunting.

It's all better now. Onward to our next loss. :)

Aw crap, I'm sorry annata. Forgot there was an actual fan here. I was having a bad day, first the loss, then the taunting.

It's all better now. Onward to our next loss. :)
I know the feeling; every Steelers / Raven game is a tough loss or win.
Always down to the wire, and usually some injuries to add insult.

No problem, we are amigos, and i'ts all just black and blue football. Next time the Ravens will bleed, no doubt.

Right, gotta create controversy to get attention off your coach cheating in front of millions.

I know the feeling; every Steelers / Raven game is a tough loss or win.
Always down to the wire, and usually some injuries to add insult.

No problem, we are amigos, and i'ts all just black and blue football. Next time the Ravens will bleed, no doubt.

Thanks annata, you're a real gentleman. :)

Some of these people can take a lesson from you.

Thanks annata, you're a real gentleman. :)

Some of these people can take a lesson from you.
sports aren't life or death, though we treat them like Roman gladiators.

I was a Baltimore Colts fan back in 1969, when Joe Namath and the Jets had the miracle win; i'm dating myself, but i'm sure every football fan knows of this.

It was a crushing blow , same year the "Miracle Mets" beat the Batimore Orioles in the world series.

Nobody thinks of the losing team, we all like the winners - well fine, but there is no reason to make games into more then they are.
I enjoyed the Ravens winning the Superbowl; if the Steelers do next year, I'm going to be happy for them.

Enough of these vacarious runaway emotions.

PS. Looks like Tomlin is getting a heavy fine for his stepping on the field.

sports aren't life or death, though we treat them like Roman gladiators.

I was a Baltimore Colts fan back in 1969, when Joe Namath and the Jets had the miracle win; i'm dating myself, but i'm sure every football fan knows of this.

It was a crushing blow , same year the "Miracle Mets" beat the Batimore Orioles in the world series.

Nobody thinks of the losing team, we all like the winners - well fine, but there is no reason to make games into more then they are.
I enjoyed the Ravens winning the Superbowl; if the Steelers do next year, I'm going to be happy for them.

Enough of these vacarious runaway emotions.

PS. Looks like Tomlin is getting a heavy fine for his stepping on the field.

Thanks, annata. Enjoy this cartoon from today's paper. Especially the caricature of Tomlin. ;)

120413_Coach_Tomlin.jpg

Back