Did Social Conservatism Derail Santorum? Krauthammer apparently thinks so...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/romneys-luck/2012/03/01/gIQAodiZlR_story.html

It’s no use arguing that Rick Santorum won nearly as many Michigan delegates as Romney. He lost the state. Wasn’t Santorum claiming a great victory just three weeks ago when he shockingly swept Missouri, Minnesota and Colorado — without a single convention delegate being selected?

He was right. It was a great victory. Delegate counts were beside the point. These three wins instantly propelled him to the front of the field nationally and to a double-digit lead in Romney’s Michigan back yard.

Then Santorum went ahead and lost it. Rather than sticking to his considerable working-class, Reagan-Democrat appeal, he kept wandering back to his austere social conservatism. Rather than placing himself in “Grandpa’s hands,” his moving tribute to his immigrant coal miner grandfather as representative of the America that Santorum pledges to restore, he insisted on launching himself into culture-war thickets: Kennedy, college and contraception.

More at link...

Well, we have a very serious problem in this country. And that problem is that bitches are fucking without permission slips from Bravo for their birth control. This is referred to as; fucking without permission.

And as we can see, Santorum tapped into a very deep-seated rage against women on the right. So to claim this issue isn't important is to dismiss not just Bravo, but ME. Because Krauthammer doesn't care if Santorum or his likes get their way, all he cares about is that a con gets elected. If Santorum can send Bravo all up into women's vaginas handing out and denying permission slips, and still get elected? No problem!

No, this is a fight you guys picked, stay on the field because there are going to be some sore balls come November...

Last edited:
And see what Krauthammer and the right, who just got their asses scared off, are doing here? Oh it's all Santorum.

But it isn't. That's a lie.

During a recent Republican debate not one candidate would come out as being pro-contraception. Not one. They tapdanced, they skirted, they stuttered, not one of them would say they are pro-contraception. They were afraid to answer the question, except for the ones who were comfortable stating out right "hell no i ain't for no contraception!"

Yesterday, Mitt Romney actually said when questioned that he was against the Blunt Amendment. Cause you know ,somewhere underneath all of that horseshit, Romney is actually sane. He's a conservative, and he's very conservative, but he's got that big issue that is causing him problems in the primary; he's sane. And every once in while, not matter how hard he tries, signs of his mental health slip out and the Republican base goes batshit! Which is what they did yesterday:

Did you just fucking state that bitches should get their birth control covered under their insurance????? Did you just say that bitches can fuck without PERMISSION???

And Romney shit his pants. "No no no , is that what I said? No no no I never meant to say that. I was tricked!"

And he got right on the horn with the AP and he told them, you have to correct the record, I'm as insane as anyone else running in this thing and I am FOR the Blunt amendment, and, and here's the important part guys so make sure you get it down: I am against bitches fucking without permission.

And that was the fastest flip flop we've seen yet, but when you're sane and you're running in a primary filled with batshit crazy voters, that's what you gotta do. you know, shit is gonna happen.

So don't let Krauthammer or Damo be so modest; it's not Santorum. In the year 2012 the Republican party has come out AGAINST birth control. Own it guys. It's all yours!

I want to make clear that some people will believe that because I am cursing so much I am enraged. Well, they're actually right, and my question would be; why aren't you? However, I get pissed here all the time. Rage at this assault against women, is not why I am cursing. I am cursing because I am not going to allow men to hide behind bullshit excuses. This is one of the purest forms of misogyny and one of the most brutal assaults on a woman's right to health, and her right to be a sexual human being, that I have ever witnessed. And so you can drop your shit and I won't enable it.

This can be boiled down real quick: Bitches ain't shit.

And I won't use pretty words that help you to camouflage the misogyny that is inherent not only in waging this assault, but that is inherent in those of you who say nothing or little against it. And that is how it's going to be.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/romneys-luck/2012/03/01/gIQAodiZlR_story.html

It’s no use arguing that Rick Santorum won nearly as many Michigan delegates as Romney. He lost the state. Wasn’t Santorum claiming a great victory just three weeks ago when he shockingly swept Missouri, Minnesota and Colorado — without a single convention delegate being selected?

He was right. It was a great victory. Delegate counts were beside the point. These three wins instantly propelled him to the front of the field nationally and to a double-digit lead in Romney’s Michigan back yard.

Then Santorum went ahead and lost it. Rather than sticking to his considerable working-class, Reagan-Democrat appeal, he kept wandering back to his austere social conservatism. Rather than placing himself in “Grandpa’s hands,” his moving tribute to his immigrant coal miner grandfather as representative of the America that Santorum pledges to restore, he insisted on launching himself into culture-war thickets: Kennedy, college and contraception.

More at link...

His grandfather briefly worked in the coal industry during the great depression. He was the only member of Santorums family to ever work in the coal industry. His father was a psychologist and his mother was a nurse. They lived on the grounds of a veteran's hospital his father worked at; this was the "public housing" he was referring to, disingenously equivocating between posh houses built for doctors at government hospitals and the government erected slums inhabited by the poor people most commonly referred to as "public housing".

Slimy Santorum's silly social sanctimoniousness sucks.

And see what Krauthammer and the right, who just got their asses scared off, are doing here? Oh it's all Santorum.

During a recent Republican debate not one candidate would come out as being pro-contraception. Not one. They tapdanced, they skirted, they stuttered, not one of them would say they are pro-contraception. They were afraid to answer the question, except for the ones who were comfortable stating out right "hell no i ain't for no contraception!"

Yesterday, Mitt Romney actually said when questioned that he was against the Blunt Amendment. Cause you know ,somewhere underneath all of that horseshit, Romney is actually sane. He's a conservative, and he's very conservative, but he's got that big issue that is causing him problems in the primary; he's sane. And every once in while, not matter how hard he tries, signs of his mental health slip out and the Republican base goes batshit! Which is what they did yesterday:

Did you just fucking state that bitches should get their birth control covered under their insurance????? Did you just say that bitches can fuck without PERMISSION???

And Romney shit his pants. "No no no , is that what I said? No no no I never meant to say that. I was tricked!"

And he got right on the horn with the AP and he told them, you have to correct the record, I'm as insane as anyone else running in this thing and I am FOR the Blunt amendment, and, and here's the important part guys so make sure you get it down: I am against bitches fucking without permission.

And that was the fastest flip flop we've seen yet, but when you're sane and you're running in a primary filled with batshit crazy voters, that's what you gotta do. you know, shit is gonna happen.

So don't let Krauthammer or Damo be so modest; it's not Santorum. In the year 2012 the Republican party has come out AGAINST birth control. Own it guys. It's all yours!

I want to make clear that some people will believe that because I am cursing so much I am enraged. Well, they're actually right, and my question would be; why aren't you? However, I get pissed here all the time. Rage at this assault against women, is not why I am cursing. I am cursing because I am not going to allow men to hide behind bullshit excuses. This is one of the purest forms of misogyny and one of the most brutal assaults on a woman's right to health, and her right to be a sexual human being, that I have ever witnessed. And so you can drop your shit and I won't enable it.

And I won't use pretty words that help you to camouflage the misogyny that is inherent not only in waging this assault, but that is inherent in those of you who say nothing or little against it. And that is how it's going to be.

I am sure that the lower class women who can't afford birth control medication will be put at ease by the fact that this denial is contributing to their bosses sense of self-righteousness. And let's not kid ourselves here; plans with birth control will cost less than plans without. I am pretty sure that, at this point, other businesses are going to suddenly discover religion as well. Pretty soon, nobody will be providing their employees with plans that cover birth control, besides to those higher-ups who already receive such plans anyway.

It's not like the employer even really matters here. They're just a vector to deliver a public service. As conservatives like to point out, they're just going to pass the costs on anyway.

I am sure that the lower class women who can't afford birth control medication will be put at ease by the fact that this denial is contributing to their bosses sense of self-righteousness. And let's not kid ourselves here; plans with birth control will cost less than plans without. I am pretty sure that, at this point, other businesses are going to suddenly discover religion as well. Pretty soon, nobody will be providing their employees with plans that cover birth control, besides to those higher-ups who already receive such plans anyway.

It's not like the employer even really matters here. They're just a vector to deliver a public service. As conservatives like to point out, they're just going to pass the costs on anyway.
Shut up bitch.

It's funny how they are trying to spin this now. That this is about religious freedom and not womens access to birth control.

Back