DNC Spokesman must be 18 yrs old....

CanadianKid

(CNN) — Democrats blasted former Senator Phil Gramm, a top McCain economic adviser and campaign co-chairman, Thursday for saying Americans who have named the economy as a top concern this campaign cycle were “a nation of whiners.”

“Senator McCain said the economic problems facing Americans are psychological — now his top economic adviser and BFF, Phil Gramm said Americans facing tough economic are ‘whiners,’” said Democratic National Committee spokesman Brad Woodhouse in a statement sent to reporters.

McCain's campaign moved to distance itself from Gramm's comments. “Phil Gramm’s comments are not representative of John McCain’s views. John McCain travels the country every day talking to Americans who are hurting, feeling pain at the pump and worrying about how they’ll pay their mortgage," said a McCain official. "That’s why he has a realistic plan to deliver immediate relief at the gas pump, grow our economy and put Americans back to work.”

Gramm’s comments came in a Washington Times interview published Thursday. "We have sort of become a nation of whiners. You just hear this constant whining, complaining about a loss of competitiveness, America in decline," said the former Texas senator.

"You've heard of mental depression; this is a mental recession."

Gramm also said the media was responsible for fostering unnecessary anxiety over the state of the economy. "Misery sells newspapers,” he said. “Thank God the economy is not as bad as you read in the newspaper every day."

Democrats have been looking to portray John McCain as out-of-touch on the economy, as he and Democrat Barack Obama battle over working-class voters, who have named the economy as their biggest worry this year.

I cant believe he said BFF lol.... what the hell this guy is either 18 or he is trying too hard to cater to the young crowd.....

CK

Phil Gramm another out of touch representative! Makes ya feel good, don't it!

Phil Gramm another out of touch representative! Makes ya feel good, don't it!

I don't think he's that far off on what he said. You can read this board to see people saying America is in decline and we can't compete. Many people here say the American public is stupid. If stupid isn't offensive I don't see how saying they are whiners is much worse.

However saying BFF? How many people know that term besides teens and people who read US weekly?

So, how are real estate sales? are the foreigners buying us up?

The fact that he is claiming the economy is better than it is, is the trouble I have with him!

a nation of whiners, but with good reason, our government representatives don't listen to us!

So, how are real estate sales? are the foreigners buying us up?

Sales suck right now. They are way down compared to last year. Foreigners have bought a couple of high profile buildings but their percent overall is small. Our problem with groups like APFC is they allocate a certain percentage of their portfolio to stocks, bonds, real estate etc. and with the stock market falling as it has it makes their overall percentage of real estate higher, thus we don't get any new money to invest.

The fact that he is claiming the economy is better than it is, is the trouble I have with him!

a nation of whiners, but with good reason, our government representatives don't listen to us!

I agree about the economy suffering but I agree with him on (some) people complaining about America's decline.

I agree about the economy suffering but I agree with him on (some) people complaining about America's decline.

You mean don't complain do something...or what? the only thing we can do is complain, we have no other way of addressing the situation.

You mean don't complain do something...or what? the only thing we can do is complain, we have no other way of addressing the situation.

I would argue that we're not declining. Other countries like China and India are on the rise but America is still the economic leader in the world. China will ultimately catch and surpass us but they have 5x or more the number of people we have? Yes our place in the world will change but we are not declining as a result. That's what I'm referring to.

Well, when I look at America in the 90's and then I look at America now, one can't help but worry! They expect a recovery in 2009...I hope they are right!

Well, when I look at America in the 90's and then I look at America now, one can't help but worry! They expect a recovery in 2009...I hope they are right!

Yes our economy is down right now (and that I understand people complaining about that) but when talking about the overall global picture we are still extremely strong.

I would argue that we're not declining. Other countries like China and India are on the rise but America is still the economic leader in the world. China will ultimately catch and surpass us but they have 5x or more the number of people we have? Yes our place in the world will change but we are not declining as a result. That's what I'm referring to.

Harry Shultz, ever read his news letter for advice?, advices that you buy a few gold coins, some art, keep 6-12 months of cash on hand, invest in commercial property or farmland. Doomsday may be closer than we think!

I don't think he's that far off on what he said. You can read this board to see people saying America is in decline and we can't compete. Many people here say the American public is stupid. If stupid isn't offensive I don't see how saying they are whiners is much worse.

However saying BFF? How many people know that term besides teens and people who read US weekly?

Ahh another right winger in denial.
Same thing that ails Grahm.

What the media is talking about now I was talking about coming over a year ago.

but don't worry recovery is around the corner Wall mart profits are up and the dow went up 20 points today :clink:

Only one trillion lost on the US finiancial market so far thie year. nat gas prices up 45% for the coming winter. rejoice :cheer:

Back