Do republicans lie....

midcan5

Do republicans lie purposely to deceive, is it a clever propagandist device? John McCain and Sarah Palin engaged in lies over and over this past week. McCain about Obama's tax policy, and who it would impact, and Palin about her support for the bridge to nowhere.

Contrast this with Bush and Cheney, they repeated lie after lie about Iraq and WMDs. It is an interesting tactic as most people watching are not fact checking, so even when the lie is repeated over and over again, few are aware of the actual situation. Statistically lying becomes a political tool that distorts issues and confuse voters.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." Joseph Goebbels

Do republicans lie purposely to deceive, is it a clever propagandist device? John McCain and Sarah Palin engaged in lies over and over this past week. McCain about Obama's tax policy, and who it would impact, and Palin about her support for the bridge to nowhere.

Contrast this with Bush and Cheney, they repeated lie after lie about Iraq and WMDs. It is an interesting tactic as most people watching are not fact checking, so even when the lie is repeated over and over again, few are aware of the actual situation. Statistically lying becomes a political tool that distorts issues and confuse voters.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." Joseph Goebbels

Does a bear shit in the woods?

I think the biggest thing that alienated me from being a Republican is when they adopted the Goebbels propaganda method. Hundreds of thousands of our countrymen died to protect our nation from Fascism and the Republican party has made sure that fascism is alive and well in the US.

If I was black or a minority in this country and the Republicans had complete control of the State, I'd have to consider leaving to excape the inevitable persecution that would occur.

Last edited:

I like Mid to but I kinda have to agree with you. What's the old joke. How can you tell if a politician is lying? His lips are moving.

I can answer this one. Yes. Republicans lie. If you look up the definition of politician in the dictionary the answer will be 'liar'. Republicans are politicians. Therefore Republicans are in fact liars.

So lies that get us into a war are equivalent to the lie the wife looks great in that dress! I find this topic interesting as it seems most people think everyone lies, so lies are Ok. Is there no sense of degree in our lies or have we become so cynical we simply hide in our ideology knowing (assuming) we lie and knowing (assuming) the other lies. From a moral perspective weird stuff as it seems we then stand still going nowhere, but then again America has really not gone far since Bush.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/670/

Lying seems to have become more accepted. You see it being portrayed as ok the the media very often. Even in commercials and such.

Bring back personal responsibility!

So lies that get us into a war are equivalent to the lie the wife looks great in that dress! I find this topic interesting as it seems most people think everyone lies, so lies are Ok. Is there no sense of degree in our lies or have we become so cynical we simply hide in our ideology knowing (assuming) we lie and knowing (assuming) the other lies. From a moral perspective weird stuff as it seems we then stand still going nowhere, but then again America has really not gone far since Bush.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/670/

You are trying to find two lies and then claim them equivalent as if those two things are the only things people speak about. If you had an agenda just state it.

You are trying to find two lies and then claim them equivalent as if those two things are the only things people speak about. If you had an agenda just state it.

I have no clue what that means?

A vote for McCain/Palin is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Back