Do you think that McCain may choose...

I think he should pick Rick Santorum. That way he soothes the wacky religious right and has someone who is young with a hard heart, who hates gays and wants old people to suffer as they take apart social security and medicare. It will be a perfect republican administration, similar to Cheney/Bush and just as dumb and heartless.

Last edited:
I think he should pick Rick Santorum. That way he soothes the wacky religious right and has someone who is young with a hard heart, who hates gays and wants old people to suffer as they take apart social security and medicare. It will be a perfect republican administration, similar to Cheney/Bush and just as dumb and heartless.

Yeah, Bush really took apart Medicare with that pill bill.

When people talk about the 'politics of fear' they usually reference it in a partisan manner when in reality its practiced by both parties. Here, Midcan uses the classic Democrat technique of 'Republicans want old people to suffer as they take apart S.S. and Medicare.'

Yeah, Bush really took apart Medicare with that pill bill.

When people talk about the 'politics of fear' they usually reference it in a partisan manner when in reality its practiced by both parties. Here, Midcan uses the classic Democrat technique of 'Republicans want old people to suffer as they take apart S.S. and Medicare.'

Agreed. Once again he uses the "scare the elderly" tactic.

Ah dog food, I thought it was cat food?

Think McCain will announce his VP choice on Thursday? :cof1:

Ah dog food, I thought it was cat food?

Think McCain will announce his VP choice on Thursday? :cof1:
He might. I think it depends on the polls. They'll be watching the tracking polls and if Obama gets a larger bump than they want they'll direct attention away from the DNC. I don't think it will be necessary if day 1 has anything to do with it, they have four days to impress and they wasted one on some of the crappiest speeches I've heard in a while.

He might. I think it depends on the polls. They'll be watching the tracking polls and if Obama gets a larger bump than they want they'll direct attention away from the DNC. I don't think it will be necessary if day 1 has anything to do with it, they have four days to impress and they wasted one on some of the crappiest speeches I've heard in a while.

Given the recent polls, I would agree. I doubt he announces early, but we'll have to wait and see how the Clowntoons perform. They could bring the party back together or widen the divide. I think Hillary will do the former tonight, but Billy...... ya just don't know with that egotistical bastard...

I suggested this at one point a few months back and most of the rightwingnuts didn't approve. If it doesn't fly with them, I don't think it will happen. I'm sure it has been polled though.

I think the chance is more likely for him to pick Condi Rice!

I predict it will be Mitt Romney. McCain desperately needs to court hard-core conservatives, and Romney was their guy... well, and Huckabee... but Romney has a quality about him that 'relates' to McCain, in that he was a Republican governor in a state largely associated with Liberal Democrat politics. He certainly isn't a Right-Wing Radical, and certainly has the ability to at least work with the other party.... reach across the aisle, as it were... thus, he will be the kind of guy McCain could live with.

I honestly think this 'deal' was made when Romney withdrew, and that was why he did so. Regardless of what happens, the election always seems to come down largely based on the economy. Of all the candidates running for president this season, Romney is probably the most qualified to address the economy. It's his strong suit, and something McCain needs help in, because his strength is going to be National Security. General Patraeus would only add to what the McCain campaign already has nailed down. Anyone who would vote for Patraeus, would already be voting for McCain over Obama.

romney is my guess. 80%

that is definitely my hope. He understands business and is not a religious nut bag.

Can you believe the two Presidential candidates have one year of business work between them? And that was Obama at age 23. W. proved you can come from a business background and still f*ck up spending but Romney helped build a very successful company and I would hope have a say over economic matters.

that is definitely my hope. He understands business and is not a religious nut bag.

Can you believe the two Presidential candidates have one year of business work between them? And that was Obama at age 23. W. proved you can come from a business background and still f*ck up spending but Romney helped build a very successful company and I would hope have a say over economic matters.

Whadayuh mean? Romney is a Mormon, and since we hate Mormons, he is everything bad that currently exists in the playbook! :)

Back