Do you think the Democrats could abolish the death penalty?

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
There's really never been a better time than now.

Out of the three Democratic powerhouses, Pelosi and Reid (I think) both oppose the death penalty. Pelosi could probably ram it through the house, and I think Reid could pass it with the support of some truly pro-life Republican and the nuclear option.

The only question is, would Obama veto it?

There's really never been a better time than now.

Out of the three Democratic powerhouses, Pelosi and Reid (I think) both oppose the death penalty. Pelosi could probably ram it through the house, and I think Reid could pass it with the support of some truly pro-life Republican and the nuclear option.

The only question is, would Obama veto it?

how would that happen? deny states prison funds?

how would that happen? deny states prison funds?

The federal death penalty. I doubt anyone would go as far as trying to push a state ban. A state ban would kill them in two years. I don't think a federal ban would hurt them though. Most Americans are really indifferent when it comes to the death penalty.

The federal death penalty. I doubt anyone would go as far as trying to push a state ban. A state ban would kill them in two years. I don't think a federal ban would hurt them though. Most Americans are really indifferent when it comes to the death penalty.

federal ban. gotcha. carry on

Yeah and then in two years EVERY SINGLE REP that voted to eliminate the death penalty would be called soft on crime and linked to every bad act ever committed by a person that should have gotten the death penalty if not of the ban. You really do only want to see the Dems in charge for 2 years.

Yeah and then in two years EVERY SINGLE REP that voted to eliminate the death penalty would be called soft on crime and linked to every bad act ever committed by a person that should have gotten the death penalty if not of the ban. You really do only want to see the Dems in charge for 2 years.

LOL, I don't think it would work anymore Soc. In the 90's crime was a huge issue that pulled massive amount of votes, and the more draconian your proposal, the better.

Today, while still an important issue, it just doesn't go that way anymore. The death penalty is polling the lowest it has since the 70's, and the people who support it honestly just don't really care. They care about the economy and the war a lot more. I don't think it would hurt them at all this time around. You can't be scared of it forever, Soc, or else it'll never get done, and now's the best chance ever we've had to do it.

LOL, I don't think it would work anymore Soc. In the 90's crime was a huge issue that pulled massive amount of votes, and the more draconian your proposal, the better.

Today, while still an important issue, it just doesn't go that way anymore. The death penalty is polling the lowest it has since the 70's, and the people who support it honestly just don't really care. They care about the economy and the war a lot more. I don't think it would hurt them at all this time around. You can't be scared of it forever, Soc, or else it'll never get done, and now's the best chance ever we've had to do it.
well lets let it die without killing some dem reps along with it.

well lets let it die without killing some dem reps along with it.

I don't know if we should wait or not, honestly. It will certainly cost us popularity, I'm just betting it won't hurt us much.

I just don't know if we'll ever get an opportunity again like this in my entire lifetime.

Back