Does anyone care about baseball?

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
Here is where we stand

Astros are overrated. That said they are obviously still very accomplished and the favorite vs. the sox.

Now some of this stuff you might think I am only saying after the fact but I am a known sale cynic in my family. His ERA for september and october has always been around 3.7-4.0. Not good. When he's on he's on but he doesn't have the stamina for october baseball, and when you come to boston you need to perform. That's why he got lit up tonight.

That said I still think sox have a very good shot at astros, if we can split the games on the road then we are fine. Pomeranz I am much more confident in than sale. Pomeranz has been crushing it lately. Fister will be pitching game 3, and he's had some very good starts post-july, though a spotty one or two mixed in.

For the Yankees vs. Indians, I am ironically hoping for a yankees fluke series win because yankees suck and I do noootttt want to face the cleveland native americans

I don't really give a shit about NL. Everyone knows it's prob going to be dodgers v. nationals in nlcs

Last edited:
Here is where we stand

Astros are overrated. That said they are obviously still very accomplished and the favorite vs. the sox.

Now some of this stuff you might think I am only saying after the fact but I am a known sale cynic in my family. His ERA for september and october has always been around 3.7-4.0. Not good. When he's on he's on but he doesn't have the stamina for october baseball, and when you come to boston you need to perform. That's why he got lit up tonight.

That said I still think sox have a very good shot at astros, if we can split the games on the road then we are fine. Pomeranz I am much more confident in than sale. Pomeranz has been crushing it lately. Fister will be pitching game 3, and he's had some very good starts post-july, though a spotty one or two mixed in.

For the Yankees vs. Indians, I am ironically hoping for a yankees fluke series win because yankees suck and I do noootttt want to face the cleveland native americans

I don't really give a shit about NL. Everyone knows it's prob going to be dodgers v. nationals in nlcs
Just as everyone knows it’s going to be Astro’s vs The Tribe in the ALCS.

Here is where we stand

how do you come up with the Astros being overrated? They are the best offensive team by far and away in the American League and they are in the top five in the AL in most important pitching statistics. Boston will be lucky not to get swept. The Stros just completely have the BoSox outclassed offensively who are dead last in the AL in slugging percentage which is probably the most important offensive statistic. The fact that the BoSox are in the playoffs at all is due to their pitching but the Astros pitching is equivalent to Boston’s.

The Yankees are dangerous as they are well balanced offensively and defensively as the are the third best team in the AL in both categories...but not as well balanced as Cleveland who looks scary good with their ability to go on a tear. they’re the best defensive team in the AL and only second to the Astros on offense. Since pitching usually wins out over batting I’m going with Cleveland over the Astros in 7 in the ALCS. Boston doesn’t stand a chance against Houston.

Someone officially has a twisted sense of humour: The Cubs clinched a playoff series on Friday the 13th!

Also, fuck the Injuns for that choke-job. Now I have to root for Damn Yankees, because the Houston Assholes are the only alternative for the AL.

Someone officially has a twisted sense of humour: The Cubs clinched a playoff series on Friday the 13th!

Also, fuck the Injuns for that choke-job. Now I have to root for Damn Yankees, because the Houston Assholes are the only alternative for the AL.
Well about the only thing I was right about was Houston winning and Boston losing. The Yankees are dangerous but I’ll be damned if I root for the evil empire.

I can relate to what happened to the Tribe. Five years ago almost to the day my Reds chocked away a 2-0 lead in divisional series to lose 3-2 just like the Tribe did.

Last edited:
I love to go to a baseball game. That is about it. The Braves sucked again this year, and I never made it out to a game.

Here is where we stand

Back when the tigers got a revamp, and made it to the world series, I was interested. Sadly that didn't seem to stick, and Detroit just seems to need a sports revamp. I quit paying attention. My brothers a big tigers fan, and had to move to Houston for work. I doubt he's fond of the Astros though.

Back