Does evangelical christianity approve of killing babies?

KingRaw!

I dare you to stop us GL
You tell me.

Psalm 137:9

Blessed will be the one who dashes your little ones against the rock.

You tell me.

hi,

It is hard when you pull out what you want and then try to give meaning to it, without knowing the full context of the book, the writer of the book, the circumstances and time period of the book....nor without looking for other scripture to back up what you believe this scripture to mean....

regardless, that advice above is for Believers, which you don't appear to be one...?

i would ask you, if this is true....that you do not believe in Christ or are not a Jew or Muslim...then why bother with trying to convince others that they are wrong? Why not just accept your own nonbelief and let it be?

what is it that is driving you to post one thread after another on this subject..........IF IT WERE NOT something deep inside you, that wonders if you are wrong? you seem to be doubting your own faith or lack there of...and if that is the case....it's normal, even one of Christ's apostles did that....the doubting Thomas?

Care

Yeah I am not a believer, but it appears that raw likes to bash Christianity about like I do Bush.

People can believe as long as they don't impact me and my right not to believe is my philosophy.

Bush now impacts me very negatively in many ways, so full speed ahead on Bush bashing :clink:

Yeah I am not a believer, but it appears that raw likes to bash Christianity about like I do Bush.

People can believe as long as they don't impact me and my right not to believe is my philosophy.

Bush now impacts me very negatively in many ways, so full speed ahead on Bush bashing :clink:

hahahahahaha! well, at least you are focussed on what's important....uscit!!!! lol

care

Damn the twerprdos, full speed ahead Bush bashing. Finger is rigid and ready.

Ohh Wait Rove came out the door. emergency backup finger online a 2 barell bash :clink:

have you followed the alabama governor charged, convicted, jailed/recently released.... with rove connection to pushing justice dept prosecution?

"It is hard when you pull out what you want and then try to give meaning to it, without knowing the full context of the book, the writer of the book, the circumstances and time period of the book....nor without looking for other scripture to back up what you believe this scripture to mean...."

Then explain what it really means. I thought the Old Testament was written by man through God. Therefore God wrote it. God wrote that passage. If it means something else then explain why I'm wrong. Don't sit there and say I'm wrong without providing evidence.

Here's another one.

(Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."

"completely destroy all its inhabitants"?

You tell me.

I will be stupid and take the bait though it won't matter. I appreciate Care's response.

Many non-believers love taking quotes from the Old Testament and applying them to "evangelical Christianity" which bases its practices upon the teachings of the New Testament. (Gal. 3:24-25)

As to the passage you quoted, we have to realize that God used other nations to keep his people (the Israelites) in line. When they would forsake Him He would use other nations to punish them. They would be in captivity of those other nations until they repented and would then be delivered out of that captivity. Punishment usually awaited the nations that kept the Israelites captive. Babylon is one of those nations and that is what this passage is referring to.

Psalms 137
8 O daughter of Babylon, who are to be destroyed,

Happy the one who repays you as you have served us!

9 Happy the one who takes and dashes

Your little ones against the rock!

I could go into a long dissertation about how God doesn't work that way today but will refrain from doing so. I'll just leave it with the fact that He doesn't and go on.

"Many non-believers love taking quotes from the Old Testament and applying them to "evangelical Christianity" which bases its practices upon the teachings of the New Testament. (Gal. 3:24-25)"

I'm talking about radical evangelicals like Bill Keller who has said the Old Testament is the truth.

"As to the passage you quoted, we have to realize that God used other nations to keep his people (the Israelites) in line. When they would forsake Him He would use other nations to punish them."

HOW DOES THAT MAKE IT BETTER? HE IS STILL DOING ALL OF THOSE HORRIBLE THINGS THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE!

Back