Does every military person or soldier deserve our respect?

Lot's of people call me unamerican for that.

Again, what's your point? Do you feel they don't?

Instead of throwing out an inflamatory title how about offer an opinion for why you feel a certain way?

That is why you are considered a troll.

They call me unamerican because I say not every soldier deserves our respect. They put the bad ones in the same league as the good ones which I think is disrespectful.

They call me unamerican because I say not every soldier deserves our respect. They put the bad ones in the same league as the good ones which I think is disrespectful.
I think that until they do something to be labeled as "bad" they deserve our respect. Their portion of the social construct we hold dear is important and not to be dismissed without regard to their service.

Once they do something "bad" even the military kicks their behinds out, sometimes even giving them jail time....

Yup.............

for 99% the remaining 1% are the loosers/criminals who sneak in and embarrass the hard working ones!

People who do not deserve our respect in the military often find themselves no longer in the military---so it all works out.

Not these guys:

iraq-torture-dogs-thumb-tm.jpg

I believe that we should respect all of the members of the military until they show that they do not deserve our respect. Of course, by then many of that stripe cease to be in the military. But we need to look at them like we do any other profession. Mostly good people with a few bad apples.

If the question was do all military people deserve our respect.

I would say NO. There are alot of military and ex-military people (aka Blackwater) who arent doing their job for the right reasons...

CK

As I recall they were in their early 20's.
He was making a joke about Bush at the expense of soldiers who broke the law saying that they will quit their "youthful indiscretion" drinking at about the same age that Bush quit drinking after "finding Jesus".

He was making a joke about Bush at the expense of soldiers who broke the law saying that they will quit their "youthful indiscretion" drinking at about the same age that Bush quit drinking after "finding Jesus".
Oh. I recall Clinton saying that about his sexcapades, they would lessen after age 50.

People who go to the military to kill Iraqis.... Or people who wants to do it just for the fun of it.... People who just want to blow things up...

CK

Back