Donald Trump was convicted on felony charges. Will he go to prison?

signalmankenneth

Verified User
If Trump gets prison time, I recommend in confining him on a military base/post in officers quarters with no internet access?!!

A New York jury’s historic conviction of Donald Trump on felony charges means his fate is now in the hands of the judge he’s repeatedly ripped as “corrupt” and “incompetent.”

Two experts told NBC News that it’s unlikely Trump will be imprisoned based on his age, lack of a criminal record and other factors — and an analysis of thousands of cases found that very few people charged with the same crime receive jail time. But a third expert told NBC News he believes it is “substantially” likely Trump could end up behind bars.

Trump was convicted on 34 counts of falsifying business records, a class E felony that is punishable by a fine, probation or up to four years in prison. During the trial, Judge Juan Merchan threatened to put Trump behind bars for violating his gag order, but it’s unclear if the former president will face similar consequences now.

Former federal prosecutor Chuck Rosenberg, an NBC News analyst, said it’s unlikely that Merchan would sentence Trump, 77, to any jail time, given his age and his status as a first-time, nonviolent offender. “I’d be very surprised if there’s any sentence of incarceration at all,” Rosenberg said. “Of course, he did spend a good bit of time insulting the judge who has the authority to incarcerate him.”

The next step for Trump at this point is his sentencing, which is set for July 11.

Arthur Aidala, a former prosecutor in the Brooklyn district attorney’s office who’s now a defense lawyer, said the judge will likely use some of the time before sentencing to research similar cases to determine what the median sentence is.

“He wants to know before he sentences someone what the typical sentence is,” Aidala said, and would consider other factors like Trump’s age and lack of criminal record, while also taking into account the lack of injury caused by the crime. Aidala said he believes whatever punishment the judge comes up with would be “a non-jail disposition.”

An analysis conducted by Norm Eisen, who worked for House Democrats during Trump’s first impeachment, found that roughly one in 10 people who have been convicted of falsifying business records are imprisoned, and those cases typically involved other crimes.

Ron Kuby, a veteran New York criminal defense lawyer, took a different view.

“Judge Merchan is known for being a harsh sentencer when it comes to white-collar crimes committed by people who have wealth and privilege and power,” Kuby said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-convicted-felony-charges-035526233.html

1717162887501.png

If Trump gets prison time, I recommend in confining him on a military base/post in officers quarters with no internet access?!!

A New York jury’s historic conviction of Donald Trump on felony charges means his fate is now in the hands of the judge he’s repeatedly ripped as “corrupt” and “incompetent.”

Two experts told NBC News that it’s unlikely Trump will be imprisoned based on his age, lack of a criminal record and other factors — and an analysis of thousands of cases found that very few people charged with the same crime receive jail time. But a third expert told NBC News he believes it is “substantially” likely Trump could end up behind bars.

Trump was convicted on 34 counts of falsifying business records, a class E felony that is punishable by a fine, probation or up to four years in prison. During the trial, Judge Juan Merchan threatened to put Trump behind bars for violating his gag order, but it’s unclear if the former president will face similar consequences now.

Former federal prosecutor Chuck Rosenberg, an NBC News analyst, said it’s unlikely that Merchan would sentence Trump, 77, to any jail time, given his age and his status as a first-time, nonviolent offender. “I’d be very surprised if there’s any sentence of incarceration at all,” Rosenberg said. “Of course, he did spend a good bit of time insulting the judge who has the authority to incarcerate him.”

The next step for Trump at this point is his sentencing, which is set for July 11.

Arthur Aidala, a former prosecutor in the Brooklyn district attorney’s office who’s now a defense lawyer, said the judge will likely use some of the time before sentencing to research similar cases to determine what the median sentence is.

“He wants to know before he sentences someone what the typical sentence is,” Aidala said, and would consider other factors like Trump’s age and lack of criminal record, while also taking into account the lack of injury caused by the crime. Aidala said he believes whatever punishment the judge comes up with would be “a non-jail disposition.”

An analysis conducted by Norm Eisen, who worked for House Democrats during Trump’s first impeachment, found that roughly one in 10 people who have been convicted of falsifying business records are imprisoned, and those cases typically involved other crimes.

Ron Kuby, a veteran New York criminal defense lawyer, took a different view.

“Judge Merchan is known for being a harsh sentencer when it comes to white-collar crimes committed by people who have wealth and privilege and power,” Kuby said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-convicted-felony-charges-035526233.html

View attachment 26628
He is a 77 yo first time non violent offender..u stupid fuck

Since no one is above the law

He should be sentenced the same as any other 77 yo first time non violent offender would be

Last edited:

He should be sentenced the same as any other 77 yo first time non violent offender would be
Age and first offense ARE NOT the only factors.

The main factor considered is REMORSE. People who remain defiant and deny the crime and charges are sentenced to prison time far more often than not.

The other main factor is how the person behaved inside and outside the court while the trial was on. A person who has to be warned once or more by the judge that they are in contempt, during the trial, are sentenced to prison time far more often than not.

So while age and first offense also factor in, due to the two factors above, Trump SHOULD and likely WILL get some prison time.

(btw i used to argue against him getting prison time, due to his SS, but i now think he will get a small amount)

Yes, the same as any other non violent first offender that shows contempt for the judicial system and refuses to show any remorse.
90 days in jail and 4 years of probation.

As humiliated as we were on a world basis after electing Trump to ONE term,
we nonetheless have to live with the fact that he was once
President of the United States of America.

I'm not comfortable with putting a former chief executive in prison.
As deplorable a human being as Trump is,
tossing him in prison is still going to look banana republic-like.

Nobody hates the orange prick more than I do,
but keeping him in house arrest and out of politics,
while perhaps not satisfying,
at least gets the job done.

Let him keep his trumpanzee idiots occupied on the internet.
It makes it easier to keep an eye on them.

As humiliated as we were on a world basis after electing Trump to ONE term,
we nonetheless have to live with the fact that he was once
President of the United States of America.

I'm not comfortable with putting a former chief executive in prison.
As deplorable a human being as Trump is,
tossing him in prison is still going to look banana republic-like.

Nobody hates the orange prick more than I do,
but keeping him in house arrest and out of politics,
while perhaps not satisfying,
at least gets the job done.

Let him keep his trumpanzee idiots occupied on the internet.
It makes it easier to keep an eye on them.

1717166007853-png.1576391

Will Trump go to jail, no, with his army of attorneys and accountants, and given his expected lifespan, Trump will never go to jail.

And as for the cult, as we all know, Donnie could shoot that guy on 5th Avenue and they would never even consider him going to jail

Trump was given every break possible in America. He crossed lines over and over defiantly. Your attitude has a lot to do with the sentence. If you show a firm purpose of amendment and the judge believes you have learned something, he will go lighter. That is not Trump.
Trump does present new difficulties. If he gets jail time, what about Secret Service protection? We have not had such a crook in office since Nixon. Will there be a lot of pressure put on Biden to pardon him? Will it work?

What I'm hearing is six months to a year in prison, I'm glad the partisan supreme court can't help him this time?!! And because he was a former president, I doubt he would go to a hardcore prison?!! Don't get me wrong, I would like to see him in Rikers or a federal prison?!!
Remember the secret service has to be housed to protect him, that's why confinement to military base/post makes sense?!!

What I'm hearing is six months to a year in prison, I'm glad the partisan supreme court can't help him this time?!! And because he was a former president, I doubt he would go to a hardcore prison?!! Don't get me wrong, I would like to see him in Rikers or a federal prison?!!
Remember the secret service has to be housed to protect him, that's why confinement to military base/post makes sense?!!
Judge Marchan has shown no tolerance for Trump's contemptuous outbursts from the start. I expect him to levy a heavy punishment.

Judge Marchan has shown no tolerance for Trump's contemptuous outbursts from the start. I expect him to levy a heavy punishment.
He showed amazing tolerance. If you did what Trump did, you would be sleeping on a cot. Trump got special treatment. Trump is an entitled defiant asshole who will have to pretend he understands he did wrong and promise to do better at sentencing. How likely is that?

He showed amazing tolerance. If you did what Trump did, you would be sleeping on a cot. Trump got special treatment. Trump is an entitled defiant asshole who will have to pretend he understands he did wrong and promise to do better at sentencing. How likely is that?
Don't disagree with that either.

Back