Don't Miss This

On all sides. Something some of you forget.

Yes, and children learn to shut down speech on the radio they do not like from their grandparent in Kentucky. Children learn that if someone is home schooled the police should have freedom to enter that house at any time to see if abuse is taking place.

So children should see if their grandparents are facists and follow suit.

Last edited:
I still just cant wrap my brain arround the minority hate for gays.

It just is so very sad to have this made so clear after what we just gained in this country.

I still just cant wrap my brain arround the minority hate for gays.

It just is so very sad to have this made so clear after what we just gained in this country.

It's religion...

Obama will be in a unique position to lead on this, and I am hoping that he does. Now, it wouldn't be a smart idea to open with this, the way Clinton did with gays in the military. But, I am hopeful that at the right time, and within his first term, he's going to take a lead on this.

I believe Obama will wait for it to present itself as an opportunity instead of making it a priority. When the time comes, he'll do what's right.

ABOLISH RELIGION! ;)

It's religion...

Obama will be in a unique position to lead on this, and I am hoping that he does. Now, it wouldn't be a smart idea to open with this, the way Clinton did with gays in the military. But, I am hopeful that at the right time, and within his first term, he's going to take a lead on this.

I honestly don't have my hopes up. I'm not really even expecting an Eisenhower from Obama. I'm expecting a Clinton II.

It's religion...

That will take balls to make the black communitys general dislike of homosexuality a national discussion.

I believe Obama will wait for it to present itself as an opportunity instead of making it a priority. When the time comes, he'll do what's right.

ABOLISH RELIGION! ;)

yeah, i agree. i would go so far as to say it shouldn't be a priority. frankly, i'd much rather we saw sentencing reform tackled first. i'm sorry but i think that thousands of black youths rotting in prison on drug charges, their lives gone, is a bit more urgent. we can't have everything, and i'm of the view that this particular issue is going to solve itself anyway. the anti-gay bigots are on the wrong side of time. the young people don't give a crap about this and aren't going to deny gays their civil rights.

That will take balls to make the black communitys general dislike of homosexuality a national discussion.

Well, it would really take balls, because it's a religious problem not a racial one. I think ib has it right - when the opportunity presents itself, he'll take it.

yeah, i agree. i would go so far as to say it shouldn't be a priority. frankly, i'd much rather we saw sentencing reform tackled first. i'm sorry but i think that thousands of black youths rotting in prison on drug charges, their lives gone, is a bit more urgent. we can't have everything, and i'm of the view that this particular issue is going to solve itself anyway. the anti-gay bigots are on the wrong side of time. the young people don't give a crap about this and aren't going to deny gays their civil rights.

Do you think the Obama will actually go out and abolish all of those stupid mandatory minimums for non-violent crime? It's not where the polls point, to be honest with you.

Do you think the Obama will actually go out and abolish all of those stupid mandatory minimums for non-violent crime? It's not where the polls point, to be honest with you.

If I had to pick one thing that was not backed by a majority (now keep in mind that things like health care, contrary to what cons claim, are backed by a majority), one thing that would be unpopular, for Obama to expend capital on, then that would be the one. I don't know if he'll ever do it. It's what I would hope for.

Back