Don't pay for health care reform on the backs of our seniors.

By all means let's keep a medical system where a young male can't afford a needed operation/rehabilitation so endures constant pain while struggling to support his family but let's make sure the senior has a hip replacement so he can hit the golf course on sunny days.

wow, that is so commie like of you..yes, the hell with those senors who fought for and built this country for you younger ones to be enjoying now ...

wow, that is so commie like of you..yes, the hell with those senors who fought for and built this country for you younger ones to be enjoying now ...

It's a matter of being fair. Why should those seniors who have substantial funds receive free medical services while young workers, without sufficient funds, are not be covered for certain illnesses?

Who has to get up in the morning and go to work? Who is maintaining the functioning of the hydro and water and roads, etc?

It's a matter of being fair. Why should those seniors who have substantial funds receive free medical services while young workers, without sufficient funds, are not be covered for certain illnesses?

Who has to get up in the morning and go to work? Who is maintaining the functioning of the hydro and water and roads, etc?

typical progressive..
.do you tell your parents the same thing? you're old and your work is done here, now go off in a corner or just die.. sheesh

Last edited:
typical progressive..
.do you tell your parents the same thing? you're old and your work is done here, now go off in a corner or just die.. sheesh

As a matter of fact I used to joke with my mom that seniors were using up all the free medical services. My mom knew it was a joke but I had an aunt who, being the lady that she was, just turned beet red when I would say that. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Frankly, I think young people get the shaft when starting out in life. The biggest scam is talking young people into buying their own home. Why? Because banks will loan a young couple money for a single family dwelling but not as likely for a revenue property even though the price may be similar but the revenue property requires some repairs.

They could live cheaper in, say, a duplex than in a single family home due to the revenue. They are young and energetic. They could do basic plumbing and painting and other repairs resulting in an increased profit when they sold. Instead, they spend the next five years scraping the mortgage together while paying interest on the money used to buy basic appliances. Is it any wonder people become so fixated on money?

Department stores charging them 28% interest on charge cards for basics like a stove and fridge. Many retailers offer their own MasterCard. Rather than just making money off the appliances they sell they make money off loaning the money to buy them.

It's crime!

Signed,
Karl Marx

How is health care reform going to hurt senior citizens like mememe!?

like you really give a shit how it would hurt me or any seniors..

it's for the Power man...gotta get some Power

The sad part is, so many can't wait until their parents die.

That's true, however, there are many parents who have the financial ability to help their children but claim they want to instill in them "the value of a dollar". All they end up instilling in them is bitterness and selfishness and when the "children" do get money they practice what they've been taught.

The cycle continues. Just as violence begets violence the preoccupation with obtaining and hoarding money passes to the next generation.

Just as old age pensions have somewhat eased the past reality of the poor and lonely elderly dying from a lack of basic necessities the more evolved a society becomes the larger roll social programs play.

It's all about change. Change we can believe in.

That's a pretty sick fucking thing to say. Have you ever met someone who has told you that they want their parents to die?

a lot of kids have murdered their parents for the money...what is so sick about it? it probably applies to some..eh

Many do not want their parents to go into a rest home under medicare because the house will go to the medical establishment or medicare. Even if it was given/sold to a child within 5 years previous.

And these reverse mortgages are sure the oldsters giving the finger to their children :)

Lets keep the working poor poor.

That's a pretty sick fucking thing to say. Have you ever met someone who has told you that they want their parents to die?

Yes, I have and it has sickened me. Go to nursing homes and see how many children visit their parents. Do this for a minimum of 1 month. Talk with the administrators and the employees. They will tell you it's very rare and the kids don't want to be bothered, yet they are right there when their parents are near death and they have assets waiting for them after death. Parents owe their children nothing. It has to be earned, IMO.

Back