Douchiest Owners in Sports Lore

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
I'm watching the feature on the Baltimore Colts. I think we should generate a list of the biggest douchebags in the history of sports owners. This can be any team, even English football. Also, I don't want to hear guys like Steinbrenner: they only qualify if they hurt their own fanbase - not generate Yankee envy. Al Davis could qualify because he was a douche, and he did temporarily leave Oakland. I personally hold Charles Comisky in contempt, but he should still be down on the list

Robert Irsay
Art Liddell
Clay Bennett

I think Irsay has no close comparison. He ran the Colts into the ground for a solid decade before moving them. They contained to suck in Indy until he finally died. At least Bennett didn't sabotage the Sonics while they were still in Seattle.

Marge Schott really should not have let her dog crap on the field even if it was her field
not like it was her back yard.
jerry jones is just a dick but dan snyder has been nothing short of a disaster for the redskins. The only thing her has gotten right is telling idiiots what sort of improbable sex act they should attempt.

LOL, unfortunately Jerry Jones earned his brass when he brought in Jimmy Johnson and built the Super Bowl XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX championship teams. The fact that he has sucked since 1997 won't change that unless he proceeds to cripple the franchise's networth and causes it to move.

LOL, unfortunately Jerry Jones earned his brass when he brought in Jimmy Johnson and built the Super Bowl XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX championship teams. The fact that he has sucked since 1997 won't change that unless he proceeds to cripple the franchise's networth and causes it to move.
Even a broken clock js right twice a day. He lucked into having his one good day early on

Allen has struck gold with the Sounders and now the Seahawks. I think the former will return go its winning ways after a near miss and a complete meltdown, while the latter is just building a dynasty. If the Blazers become a dominant force in the NBA, it will be safe to say he's one of the all-time greatest. Ironically, he's the richest owner but doesn't have a baseball team, which has no salary cap to prevent him from buying championships.

Kraft has impressed me with the Patriots. 5 Hunt Trophies, 3 Lombardi's, and I believe 8 appearances in the AFC title game since 2001. All he needs to do now is find Brady's replacement as his career winds down in the next 3-5 years.

we ran really bad in a few of those superbowls we probably should have made that number 5 at least.

Obviously you should have won the first time, but I think the Giants were pretty much on fire the second time around. Likewise, the Ravens caught fire in 2012. I still think they got screwed over in the 2012 AFC game.

Hugh Culverhouse sucked. He made quite a bit of money off of our city and Steinbrenner probably invested more into our city.

When the billionaire owners of sports teams stop asking the average Joe to build them stadiums, then we can talk about how good some of them are. Until then, I will comment on the biggest douche bags... Al Davis would be at the top of my list, but he is rotting in the ground feeding worms where he belongs. So my list begins with:

1) Jerry Jones... fired Landry... GIANT DOUCHE MOVE. Brought in Johnson (one of the best decisions he made) and then his ego got in the way right as the dynasty was ready to keep rolling for years. Out goes Johnson, in comes mediocrity for the cowgirls. Horrid GM.

2) David Glass... gigantic DOUCHE... he just milks the team for money, not once has he tried to build a contender. Every year he just trades away the best players to get more money for himself. Hate that fucker.

3) Anyone in Boston/NY... because they are all DOUCHES. Even the ones that have been successful... DOUCHE. It is in their blood.

I'm watching the feature on the Baltimore Colts. I think we should generate a list of the biggest douchebags in the history of sports owners. This can be any team, even English football. Also, I don't want to hear guys like Steinbrenner: they only qualify if they hurt their own fanbase - not generate Yankee envy. Al Davis could qualify because he was a douche, and he did temporarily leave Oakland. I personally hold Charles Comisky in contempt, but he should still be down on the list

Robert Irsay
Art Liddell
Clay Bennett

I think Irsay has no close comparison. He ran the Colts into the ground for a solid decade before moving them. They contained to suck in Indy until he finally died. At least Bennett didn't sabotage the Sonics while they were still in Seattle.
Marge Schott should certainly be the craziest.

Back