Driver was going 131 mph before wreck that killed Illinois 17-year-old ahead of graduation

volsrock1

Verified User

Who needs a car that can go 130 mph..?

Why not put speed safety device on them ?

You Libs want to control guns so why not cars?

Who needs a car that can go 130 mph..?

Why not put speed safety device on them ?

You Libs want to control guns so why not cars?
I dont know this for sure but my sense is that Washington fully intends to mandate speed limiters as I think has been done in the EU, but they are holding off as they push EV's, that they want to have the acceleration and speed be used to convince people that EV's are fun and that we should adopt them.

I dont know this for sure but my sense is that Washington fully intends to mandate speed limiters as I think has been done in the EU, but they are holding off as they push EV's, that they want to have the acceleration and speed be used to convince people that EV's are fun and that we should adopt them.
Evs are fun to drive. But they do not need a high top end. I have seen nobody but you make that claim. Do you just make shit up as needed?

No, the Communist want a rat box on the car to report speeding so they can send a ticket. There is no money to be made limiting speed. Communists are insatiable in their greed.
That is already almost here, and dont forget that the plan is to replace gas taxes with constant tolling using 24/7 gps tracking...which has the benefit of allowing the Regime to charge heavy or even prevent us from going places they dont want us to go.

Modern cars already have monitors of speed and acceleration, you can already sign up with insurance companies for a "safe driver" plan that takes in the data and uses it to set your rates.

Parents can also set such a system on on the cars of their kids, which I think allow the parent to set what the car is allowed to do.

Someone explain this to me: we unfortunately have daily car fatalities in America, many are just routinely logged in local papers. Anything that has unusual circumstances gets the national treatment ... case in point, driving 131 mph with the lights off!

But why is our resident sheet wearer so hyped about this particular case? And what's the stuff about "libs" and car monitors all about? Why now?

Many truck companies have governors on their tractors that limit speeds to 65 mph. They are a PITA in the passing lanes...

Back