Driving our boys insane

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db08.htm

This country desperately needs to change how we teach kids.

I think much of this has to do with information overload.

In the last few decades the volume of information that we have to process on a daily basis has soared. I believe children are now being thrust onto this "information highway" without enough preparation on how to handle it.

There are also a lot of parents who push their kids to be overachievers.

It's more like the energy level and enthusiasm of little boys has been classified as an illness by our misandrous elite.

I think children are not allowed enough free play.

They are treated like criminals where ever they go.

Don't run, don't jump, don't throw, don't yell, don't ever be a kid.

I think children are not allowed enough free play.

They are treated like criminals where ever they go.

Don't run, don't jump, don't throw, don't yell, don't ever be a kid.

Thats a lot of what I meant when I mentioned them being pushed to be overacheivers.

They are put into soccer, baseball, and whatever other thing is trendy. They are pushed to be "gifted" in school.

They have no time to just be kids. Their toys are now interactive electronics that require no imagination from them.

Kids need more free time and less structured activities. They need more Leggos and less Playstation.

Kids are just too weak and whiney now as a result of having it too easy and spoiled.
They need to be working in a Kosher meat plant. Teach them some values.

Thats a lot of what I meant when I mentioned them being pushed to be overacheivers.

They are put into soccer, baseball, and whatever other thing is trendy. They are pushed to be "gifted" in school.

They have no time to just be kids. Their toys are now interactive electronics that require no imagination from them.

Kids need more free time and less structured activities. They need more Leggos and less Playstation.

A lot of schools say kids can't play tag on the playground along other games a lot of us probably played during recess.

A lot of schools say kids can't play tag on the playground along other games a lot of us probably played during recess.

Not sure if that is true or not, but I can see it being so. Kid gets hurt playing tag etc.... parent sues school for failing to protect lil johnny from getting hurt.

Not sure if that is true or not, but I can see it being so. Kid gets hurt playing tag etc.... parent sues school for failing to protect lil johnny from getting hurt.

Thats exactly it. And many schools are not going away from competitive activities. They don't want to have winners & losers.

Thats exactly it. And many schools are not going away from competitive activities. They don't want to have winners & losers.

And all the parents are priming and pumping their kids to be the top at everything.

The average kid is going to be ....well .......average.

Let them be the people they are and then see what lights them up and help them follow that path.

It is that mentality that you mention that is destroying these kids chances. So worried about hurting the kids feelings that they permanently damage them for life in the real world in their vain attempts to 'protect' them.

Back