Drug policy

Cancel10

Independent Thinker
Most people, whether liberal, conservative or in-between, agree the war on drugs has been a colossal failure. I'm wondering where the members of this site stand on this particular issue. Personally, I think drugs should be legalized but also taxed and tightly regulated. Drugs should be sold only in licensed stores, similar to how liquor is regulated in some states.

I have no problem with marijuana being available anywhere, i.e. convenience stores, to people who are 21 or older.

Thoughts?

Most people, whether liberal, conservative or in-between, agree the war on drugs has been a colossal failure. I'm wondering where the members of this site stand on this particular issue. Personally, I think drugs should be legalized but also taxed and tightly regulated. Drugs should be sold only in licensed stores, similar to how liquor is regulated in some states.

I have no problem with marijuana being available anywhere, i.e. convenience stores, to people who are 21 or older.

Thoughts?

My bigest problem is the number of youth that I've worked with, that have abused Maijuana (self medicating) to the point of becoming emotionally addicted.

I know they use alcohol also; but Marijuana seems to be the substance of choice and this would make it more readially available.

Tabasco, I take bake half the insults that I have hurld your way.
I agree with you totally.
Politicians are too wussiefied to change till the public is way past them. Support for decrim at least is way over 50%. They will only vote for it when voting against it is dangerous.
MJ is addictive, I crave the shit out of it.

it is still completely stupifying how so many people are adamant that the nanny state government license and regulate everything under the sun in the mistaken belief that it makes their lives richer.

I'm plenty happy to have it decrimed, that'd be even better.
But 800,000 are jailed annually for possesion.

it is still completely stupifying how so many people are adamant that the nanny state government license and regulate everything under the sun in the mistaken belief that it makes their lives richer.

Because its exactly what the progressives stood for, and no one wants to be seen as not "progressive." I also have ulterior motives for supporting drugs (I think it would decimate the new left base and drag down the Dem Party), but its clear that legalizing drugs would cut costs, end the overcrowding problem of our prisons, shrink government, and establish millions in new tax revenue.

Back