Duch Uncle level unlocked

nah. dutch uncle is only accurate when buttholes are involved.
:truestory:

Are you still butthurt about that, Fredo? Please don't take it personal. I ream the ass of anyone who is a fucking moron, racist and/or antisemite.

6nnztp.jpg

I'm surprised they didn't foam the runway first. Maybe they don't do that these days?

From Quora
“Foaming the runway” used to be part of the standard response for emergency landings where aircraft structures were likely to contact the runway at touchdown, such as when landing gear failure is suspected or confirmed. However, this has not been common practice for quite some time.

In the U.S., Advisory Circular 150/500-4, Foaming of Runways, was cancelled in the late 1980s. The International Civil Aviation Organization still explains how the procedure should be carried out in their Airport Services Manual, but the environmental impact of the best types of foam for this purpose requires those who still want to have the capability to invest in “protein-based” foam, which is both more expensive and less effective.

Fire-retardant foam is still highly useful when fighting aircraft fires, but again, there are serious concerns regarding the biodegradability of the “aqueous film-forming foam” that has been used in this application for decades. So-called “fluorine-free foams” are being developed to try to address these problems, but the newer foam is not necessarily as effective as that which its advocates hope to replace.

Ditching after a midair:

One of the downsides of fixed gear aircraft is hooking the gear in the water.

Isn't that foam stuff toxic? PFOS or something?
Yes, a fact I didn't know until EE found it.

There's a lot of toxic stuff associated with flying. Jet fuel and hydraulic fluid being the most common encountered by pilots. Not just spills, but blown lines.

https://whlubricants.com/files/products/aviation-hydraulic08-15.pdf
SECTION 2: Hazard identification
H227 - Flammable liquids -- Category 4
H304 -- Aspiration Hazard -- Category 1
H315 -- Skin corrosion/irritation -- Category 2
H336 -- Specific target organ toxicity (single exposure) -- Category 3
H411 -- Hazardous to the aquatic environment, chronic toxicity -- Category 2

Back