Dumbass Hunters

CanadianKid

Father Kills Son During Turkey Hunt

OLDHAM COUNTY, Ky. -- A hunter mistook his son for a turkey, shooting the boy to death in what authorities called a terrible accident.

Oldham County police said a man and his 14-year-old son were hunting on private property in the 2000 block of Rebel Ridge Road about 7 a.m. Sunday when they got separated.

When the father noticed some movement in the woods, he fired a 12-gauge shotgun, accidentally killing his son, police said.

Police are withholding names pending family notification. They believe the shooting was only an accident.

This incident is the latest in a series of turkey hunt-related shootings in recent weeks.

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported that an 8-year-old boy was shot to death by his father while they were on a similar hunting trip in Minnesota on April 21.

A teen in West Virgina has been charged in the fatal shooting of a 16-year-old boy. The two were hunting turkey, but were in separate parties when the shooting happened, according to the Charleston Gazette.

CK

If his kid bore such a resemblance to a turkey maybe it's better that he never lived to witness the merciless name-calling which would have come with attending high-school.

Shooting without a clear target is stupid.

at a smoking zone in NC some hunters were talking to me about hunting by ear. After I found out what they were talking aobut I told them I hoped everyone around them hunted the same way. Not sure whether they understood or not though.

booze and weed ?. He should be charged with negilent homocide at least.

No one should have a gun if they are intoxicated in any way.
I believe that any drunk hunters should have their hunting priviledges taken for several years even if no accident. Hunting while intoxicated.

Back