Economy Sputters With 0.6 Percent Growth

uscitizen

Villified User

Mar 27, 12:19 PM (ET)

By JEANNINE AVERSA

The Commerce Department reported Thursday that gross domestic product increased at a feeble 0.6 percent annual rate in the October-to-December quarter.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080327/D8VLSJK00.html

Hey isn't this the same period that spinner was bragging on things doing fine and the shopping centers full ?

By JEANNINE AVERSA

The Commerce Department reported Thursday that gross domestic product increased at a feeble 0.6 percent annual rate in the October-to-December quarter.

Hey isn't this the same period that spinner was bragging on things doing fine and the shopping centers full ?

Oh, please keep sputtering, please!

By JEANNINE AVERSA

Thanks for the update... this is not new news... Todays report essentially just didn't revise the previously released data.... in my opinion... to prevent a technical recession from being declared.

That means we can't officially be in a recession since it's not negative yet! Make the tax cuts permanent! They're working!

That means we can't officially be in a recession since it's not negative yet! Make the tax cuts permanent! They're working!

That's kind of like making the "War on Drugs" permanent: really stupid.

Oh, wait. We've gone and done that, haven't we? Well, consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds. ;)

WTF WTF!?1?! ZOMG!/!/1 ZOMG?1?!? IT'S ORNOT ZOMG?!
2 B ornot 2 B, that is ![the question]. :clink:

Yeah, yeah. I'm (probably) done sulking and skulking. Life ain't fair but, then, nothing is. it looks like my wife is not going to drop dead in the near future and, thus, I don't feel quite so . . . guilty spending time online, lobbing bum mops and verbal grenades.

How's stuff, WM?

2 B ornot 2 B, that is ![the question]. :clink:

Yeah, yeah. I'm (probably) done sulking and skulking. Life ain't fair but, then, nothing is. it looks like my wife is not going to drop dead in the near future and, thus, I don't feel quite so . . . guilty spending time online, lobbing bum mops and verbal grenades.

How's stuff, WM?

World of Warcraft. I wish I could put it eloquently like you, but that's about it. That and college.

Yeah, because anyone can see we would all be better off if we were simply paying more taxes.

No wonder you make a living clicking a shutter.

Well we've cut the top marginal rate about 60% over the past 30 years, and obviously, that's helped the economy tremendously. Before that, we were a third world nation, but now that the money is in the hands of the rich, instead of in the hands of welfare queens, we have a better spread of wealth in the nation, which means there's more wealth. Or something like that.

Back