editing out the racism

I think racists and trolls are attracted to the comment boards in this sort of situation.

I presonally do not think they carry and weight. I also believe that editing them out is a mistake. Lets let the idiots say what they want and let the responses (from all races) show that the majority of people in this country despise that sort of bullshit.

After all, there is a reason why the kkk hid their faces.

I think racists and trolls are attracted to the comment boards in this sort of situation.

I presonally do not think they carry and weight. I also believe that editing them out is a mistake. Lets let the idiots say what they want and let the responses (from all races) show that the majority of people in this country despise that sort of bullshit.

I agree.

You can go to sports websites where they allow comments below the article and you get a lot of trolls and peolpe making b.s. comments there. It's not just politics.

No it was not just one person.

Now think a little , If a poster calls Obama a porch monkey he is likely not a supporter of his bid for President huh?

Now who is it who they May support?

No it was not just one person.

Now think a little , If a poster calls Obama a porch monkey he is likely not a supporter of his bid for President huh?

Now who is it who they May support?

there were multiple people on this board who got banned for using racism? guess its possible but not that I was aware of.

I know Desh your assumption is if someone calls Obama a racist name they must be a Republican and a McCain supporter because who else would say that right? And CBS is owned by the corporations who of course want McCain to win so they are banning racist comments on their chat board because they think it might swing the election to Obama.

Let's be fair and equitable here solitary...how about the 'Black Panthers' They are still very active...Obamas former church is full of them!

there were multiple people on this board who got banned for using racism? guess its possible but not that I was aware of.

I know Desh your assumption is if someone calls Obama a racist name they must be a Republican and a McCain supporter because who else would say that right? And CBS is owned by the corporations who of course want McCain to win so they are banning racist comments on their chat board because they think it might swing the election to Obama.

Did you read the post that started the thread dude?

That is one of my pet peeves, that racism from white is condemned with such gusto, but there are times that racism from a minority is tolerated or even accepted.

Today CBSNews.com informed its staff via email that they should no longer enable comments on stories about presidential candidate Barack Obama. The reason for the new policy, according to the email, is that stories about Obama have been attracting too many racist comments.

"It's very simple," Mike Sims, director of News and Operations for CBSNews.com, told me. "We have our Rules of Engagement. They prohibit personal attacks, especially racist attacks. Stories about Obama have been problematic, and we won't tolerate it."

CBSNews.com does sometimes delete comments on an individual basis, but Sims said that was not sufficient in the case of Obama stories due to "the volume and the persistence" of the objectionable comments.

Today CBSNews.com informed its staff via email that they should no longer enable comments on stories about presidential candidate Barack Obama. The reason for the new policy, according to the email, is that stories about Obama have been attracting too many racist comments.

"It's very simple," Mike Sims, director of News and Operations for CBSNews.com, told me. "We have our Rules of Engagement. They prohibit personal attacks, especially racist attacks. Stories about Obama have been problematic, and we won't tolerate it."

CBSNews.com does sometimes delete comments on an individual basis, but Sims said that was not sufficient in the case of Obama stories due to "the volume and the persistence" of the objectionable comments.

Ok. I saw that when I read the article. What is your point or is your point what I stated it was?

Back