Einstein on religion

“For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions,” he said.
“And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people.”
And he added: “As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything ‘chosen’ about them.”
Previously the great scientist’s comments on religion - such as “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind” — have been the subject of much debate, used notably to back up arguments in favour of faith.

I was wondering about that one.

Who might buy it and destroy or hide it.

I hope the entire letter comes to light.

Like I always say religion does alot of people alot of good.

I have a friend that likes to say "If a cripple needs a crutch do you kick it out from underneath them?"

Like I always say religion does alot of people alot of good.

I have a friend that likes to say "If a cripple needs a crutch do you kick it out from underneath them?"

Depends, if the crutch is hard drugs or booze ?

with me it all depends if the cripple puts the crutch on my Toe.

drugs addiction is not a crutch, its a monkey on their back pulling their hair and scratching their face.

Albert Einstein described belief in God as “childish superstition” and said Jews were not the chosen people, in a letter to be sold in London this week, an auctioneer said Tuesday.

Weird. I've had a few debates about science - evolution versus creationism -with rightwingers, and often they've trotted out the story about Einstein being a deeply religious man. I took them at their word. I never checked it. I was fooled again! Just like I was fooled about the "kennedy" tax cuts, that never actually occured in the kennedy adminstration. That was another rightwing story I bought for years, like a sucker.

Funny thing is is that Darwin was the religious guy and they hate him.

Even funnier is that the Pope officially stated that the Roman Catholic Church position was that there was no conflict between the theory of evolution and religion.

I heard some of the crap about Einstein as well, but had read enough of his views to know it for what it was -- self-righteous editing of history to bolster a sagging case.

No antio depressants needed here.

I find it very easy to just to just accept this is likely all there is.

There still may be some recycling of my energy without a god needed to make it happen. We dont understand everything yet.

what about soft drugs that help with pain, nausia etc.
and isn't burning part of the Rastafarian religion.
there you have it Ghanja is science and religion

Back