Elvis knew about his Jewish ancestry and was proud of it.

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
According to biographer Elaine Dundy, Elvis’s mother Gladys imparted this pride to Elvis “at a very early age.” Perhaps this was why Gladys waited to give him his first haircut when he was three years old, which is the age Jewish boys traditionally get their upsherin (first haircut ceremony). And when Elvis was a teen, according to Jewish Celebrity Anecdotes, he would listen to the cantorial records of Shlomo Koussevitsky and Moishe Oysher playing through his Orthodox rabbi-neighbor’s window while he was on the street below washing his 1942 Lincoln Zephyr coupe.

Elvis’s parents, though, advised him not to broadcast the fact he descended from Jews because “people don’t like Jews.” He eventually ignored that advice.

Elvis started paying tribute to his Jewish heritage, according to the Elvis Presley News website, after his mother died in 1958 when he designed a Star of David on her tombstone.

Even more publically, Elvis wore a "Chai" necklace both on and offstage throughout 1977 (the last year of his life).

Elvis Presley chose to give privately a tremendous sum of money to one of the premier Orthodox Jewish yeshivos (academies for the study of Talmud) in the US. He was a spiritual person that understood the opportunity of supporting studying the Talmud as it's been done throughout the generations.

My colleague is of Spanish sephardic Jewish ancestry. I told him he should attempt to appply for Spanish cifizenship. In recent years the Spanish government has been trying to make amends for the persecution and expulsion of Sephardic Jews in the 15th century by offering citizenship to anyone who can credibly claim a Sephardic ancestry. As Trump turns America into a pariah nation I can see multiple benefits traveling on a Spanish passport!

My colleague is of Spanish sephardic Jewish ancestry. I told him he should attempt to appply for Spanish cifizenship. In recent years the Spanish government has been trying to make amends for the persecution and expulsion of Sephardic Jews in the 15th century by offering citizenship to anyone who can credibly claim a Sephardic ancestry. As Trump turns America into a pariah nation I can see multiple benefits traveling on a Spanish passport!

Yes, very good idea. I think you and your ilk should flee the US.

Then why would he entertain such a ridiculous idea? Or did he laugh at you?
No, he thought it might be cool to honor his Sephardic roots and at least look into the question of dual citizenship, if possible.

Maybe this is a foreign concept in Trump land, but having dual citizenship is not that uncommon. I have family and friends who are dual citizens. Not sure if this Spanish Sephardic deal is possible or not.

Elvis Presley chose to give privately a tremendous sum of money to one of the premier Orthodox Jewish yeshivos (academies for the study of Talmud) in the US. He was a spiritual person that understood the opportunity of supporting studying the Talmud as it's been done throughout the generations.

Good thing Black Hebrew Israelite's like yourself did not know that. They would have killed him also, being the cowards and fake Jews they are.

Back