Emergency rate cut

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
The Fed lowered its fed funds rate by half of a percentage point to 1.5%

I wonder if it will go to zero before all this is over.

I sure do wish i cashed out my ira last July and paid off my house. Id be sitting pretty right now able to buy up another house for dirt cheap. Instead i have a mortgage and 50% of an IRA.

So, it's pretty much universally accepted from the Austrians to the Keynesians that the 1% interest rate from Greenspan was a major reason we're in this mess, I don't for the life of me understand how this will work long term. They made the right move the other day when the actually targeted the money supply and raised M1 by something like 12% {a decrease in M1 and M2 were major reasons for the depression} but these low target interest rates make no sense and have proven to not work and only create speculative bubbles. I'm glad to see Monetary aggregates used again for the first real time since the late 90's and very unhappy to see the low rates and the distortions they create.

OB it appears were are being run by a more hair of the dog that bit you bunch.
It did not work berfore so do it more.

If paulson was a technician one would find him beside a piece of equipment with a huge pile of blown fuses beside him. And Paulsen keeping on poking in more.

Paulson and Bernanke are like my Jeep dealer, everytime I bring it to get fixed they wreck something new!!

Back