EQUAL RIGHTS IN CONNECTICUT

Robdawg

WOAH...

I almost began crying yo!!!!

for the first time in history, I AM AN EQUAL CITIZEN IN THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT.....

I don't even want to get married!!! I'm not even dating anybody, but the fact of the matter is is that option is available to me if i so choose. (who will the lucky boy be??? no one knows

The point of the matter is is that I've done nothing to make this event happen here in Connecticut, yet it is here. I wasn't active in the fight, I didn't try to help with the cause, however Connecticut voters agree with equality for all, and my moment has come.

when it happened in Massachusetts, I was very happy, however being a Massachusetts born, didn't resonate with me since I lived in Connecticut.

Now that this is available to me, I feel more accepted, more of an American, all just from this right that now is mine.

Thank you Connecticut for recognizing my ability to love, to be a patirot and to be a good citizen. To work hard and to fight harder and to work for what I deserve.

Thank you Connecticut for being the place where I have resided my whole life, and the state that I have had the most faith in for doing what is right and just in these difficult times.

It hasn't been easy being a groundbreaking state, Connecticut, but you're doing the will of the people by making this permanent. With the results from the constitutional convention which failed on election night, helping to make gay marriage permanent here. showing your devotion and thought in the process.

We've come a long way Connecticut, and I am truly blessed to live in such a great state as ours, where everyone is treated equally, and where what you have, I can have to...

What a monumentous day, even if i didn't think it such in the beginning.

Thanks for posting the Video too Rob. Hopefully someday people in all states will understand the joy you feel today.

Thanks for posting the Video too Rob. Hopefully someday people in all states will understand the joy you feel today.

Thanks Soc, the truth is that this was an issue I didn't really understand until it came to fruition. I just got off the phone with a friend of mine and now I can say "yes i have the same rights as you" you are my equal. It's something that I wouldn't have thought of unless it was made legal here.

Again, THANK YOU CONNECTICUT!!!!!! Thank you for recognizing my needs too as a gay American.

I feel equal joy at how The People spoke in California and several other states.

well truth of the matter CONNECTICUT voters spoke as well... and they spoke in opposition of a constituional convention that would take these rights away...

the PEOPLE have spoken.... some in states you agree with, some with you differ in...

in any event, it is here now, it is a realization for our residents.... sorry you disagree with it.

Back