Ever notice the apparent age of the people on stage with the various candidates ?

I predict that there will be a downturn, then an upturn in the economy. Later followed by another downturn, which will in turn be followed by an upturn.

I can also make it safe by constantly, never deviating from the message, predicting recession. If I keep it up, I will be right. Then I can say, "See? I've been right all along!"

Why do the down turns seem to be suprises to the "experts" then ?

You guys seem to think I am only predicting a recession, I predict far worse than that.

here is one.
The USA presided over the dawning of the computer and information age. the next comoputer age will be presided over by SE Asia and India.

Why do the down turns seem to be suprises to the "experts" then ?

You guys seem to think I am only predicting a recession, I predict far worse than that.

here is one.
The USA presided over the dawning of the computer and information age. the next comoputer age will be presided over by SE Asia and India.
Because they didn't spend all their time predicting that it was coming "Now!... um no Now!... um no Now!"

If you keep repeating it, it will come true.

Most "experts" are not "surprised" by them, they just aren't running around "predicting" them.

It also doesn't take much to "predict" computer growth in SE Asia. Especially when that's where the jobs are going.

Another one.
The golden age of America is past.
We will gradually decline as much of the rest of the world experiences it's golden age.

I notice you skipped right over the part where I emphasied the depth of the coming recession or possible depression. THAT has been my prediction all along not just your average run of the mill recession.

Another one.
The golden age of America is past.
We will gradually decline as much of the rest of the world experiences it's golden age.

I notice you skipped right over the part where I emphasied the depth of the coming recession or possible depression.
I think this depends on what we do to get off the foreign oil. I'd agree if we don't get on it and produce the next generation of energy. However, I think that it is in our future...

I do not agree that the "Golden Age" is over, it may not even have come yet. That is very unlikely to be obvious in either of our lifetimes though.

I think this depends on what we do to get off the foreign oil. I'd agree if we don't get on it and produce the next generation of energy. However, I think that it is in our future...

I do not agree that the "Golden Age" is over, it may not even have come yet. That is very unlikely to be obvious in either of our lifetimes though.

I do not limit the golden age prediction to my lifetime, which is obviously coming to an end sooner than most on here.
Such things can only realized in a historical perspective anyway.

Back