Ex-cop gets 4½ years in deadly raid cover-up

Damo,
Can you change the title to read: "Ex-cop gets 4½ years in deadly raid cover-up"

4 1/2 years for complicity in MURDERING a 92 year old woman? If it was some gang banger that lied to investigators in the murder of a 92 year old woman, he would be facing MURDER charges and once convicted, would get a long time to think about what he did in prison, not 4 and a half years. This is still not justice.

Imho penalties should be automatically doubled for those in positions of authority. cops, and elected officials in particular.

4.5 years might be enough if they tatoo cop on the guys forehead before puttng him in prison.

this 'officer' did NOT get punished for murdering an innocent civilian. This officer was punished for lying to investigators. He got away with murder.

That is absolutely true .. and the citizens are not happy with this relative slap on the wrist.

Does anyone believe he would have got this slap on the wrist for murdering a 92 year old white woman sitting in her home alone?

That is absolutely true .. and the citizens are not happy with this relative slap on the wrist.

Does anyone believe he would have got this slap on the wrist for murdering a 92 year old white woman sitting in her home alone?

hayle no

These cops claimed the woman shot all three of them Annie Oakley style and they found drugs in her house and they were sent to the house by an informant .. ALL PROVEN LIES

Imagine the outrage if she was white.

After 400 years of existence in America, we still remain only relatively free.

I remember this case.

Another tragic example of what trampling Constitutional rights will do.

The Drug War must end.

I remember this case.

The Drug War must end.
This woman is without a doubt, an innocent killed in the name of the drug war. Perhaps she is collateral damage, and as we all know, collateral damage cannot be avoided in war. The cops decided her house was an enemy outpost and assaulted it as such. Perhaps, if the police just went back to being law enforcement, rather than the troops on the front line of the drug war, more people like this woman would not die. This is what happens when we, the people, allow our governments, who are supposed to work for us, unfettered and unsupervised control over our existence. How much Marijuana, cocaine, meth, is this woman's life worth. Because next year, Atlanta will brag about how many drugs were taken off their streets, how many bad guys were put in jail, but this woman will be forgotten. Our world would be better if it was legal to smoke dope, and she was still around.

Last edited:
I remember this case.

The Drug War must end.

I agree on the drug war .. but the Constitution did not protect her, or Sean Bell, or Kenneth Walker, or any of the countless victims of rogue cops who get off on killing innocent people.

I agree on the drug war .. but the Constitution did not protect her, or Sean Bell, or Kenneth Walker, or any of the countless victims of rogue cops who get off on killing innocent people.

I absolutely agree. The Constitution did not protect them.

It did not because it has been systematically ignored and abused to the point of irrelevance for the last half century.

If we had followed it, the Drug War would have never began and those police would never have been looking for that dealer at the first place.

Disrespecting the Constitution is what made this tragedy possible in the first way. There is simply no way to deny it without covering your eyes and telling yourself it isn't so.

I absolutely agree. The Constitution did not protect them.

It did not because it has been systematically ignored and abused to the point of irrelevance for the last half century.

If we had followed it, the Drug War would have never began and those police would never have been looking for that dealer at the first place.

Disrespecting the Constitution is what made this tragedy possible in the first way. There is simply no way to deny it without covering your eyes and telling yourself it isn't so.

But doesn't that make my point?

If the Constitution can be so easily ignored by the government, then what good is it?

Shouldn't we be more concerned about the good of society rather than a piece of paper that in truth is hardly worth the paper it's written on?

Why are we talking about the Constitution when 15-20,000 Americans are losing their lives every year? Why are we talking about the Constitution when America has become the most violent nation on earth?

Are the British coming?

No the drug war bypasses the constitution in many areas.
and the sad irony is that it is a war mostly on our own citizens.

You're just being silly. The Constitution's relevance has nothing to do with fear of a British invasion.

I understand the mindset that the government should do what society wants, but that is a dangerous and ultimately harmful view in the long term. We have used that view for decades and we are reaping the results.

There is a process for change provided in the Constitution. Amendments that have widespread support have been incorporated many times in our history.

The process protects us from the danger of guiding a nation by a snapshot of fleeting public opinion. Reacting hastily to public opinion is what got us into Iraq, which never would have happened if the Constitutional requirements for a declaration of war were respected.

Nearly every political and economic problem facing our country today arose because of the increasing tendancy to ignore the Constitution.

Back