Ex-federal judge and prominent conservative: ‘There is no Republican Party’

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
J. Michael Luttig, a conservative retired federal judge and key adviser to former Vice President Mike Pence, declared on Wednesday that “there is no Republican Party” and said former President Donald Trump is even more dangerous than he was in the aftermath of the 2020 election.

“American democracy simply cannot function without two equally healthy and equally strong political parties. So today, in my view, there is no Republican Party to counter the Democratic Party in the country,” Luttig, who advised Pence on how to handle the January 6, 2021, election certification vote, told CNN’s Poppy Harlow on “CNN This Morning.” “And for that reason, American democracy is in grave peril.”

Luttig, who holds bona fide conservative credentials with longstanding ties to the Supreme Court, has become increasingly outspoken in sharing his criticisms of the GOP, calling the party “spineless” in June over its continued support of Trump.

“A political party is a collection and assemblage of individuals who share a set of beliefs and principles and policy views about the United States of America. Today, there is no such shared set of beliefs and values and principles or even policy views as within the Republican Party for America,” he said on Wednesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-federal-judge-prominent-conservative-152848110.html

J. Michael Luttig, a conservative retired federal judge and key adviser to former Vice President Mike Pence, declared on Wednesday that “there is no Republican Party” and said former President Donald Trump is even more dangerous than he was in the aftermath of the 2020 election.

“American democracy simply cannot function without two equally healthy and equally strong political parties. So today, in my view, there is no Republican Party to counter the Democratic Party in the country,” Luttig, who advised Pence on how to handle the January 6, 2021, election certification vote, told CNN’s Poppy Harlow on “CNN This Morning.” “And for that reason, American democracy is in grave peril.”

Luttig, who holds bona fide conservative credentials with longstanding ties to the Supreme Court, has become increasingly outspoken in sharing his criticisms of the GOP, calling the party “spineless” in June over its continued support of Trump.

“A political party is a collection and assemblage of individuals who share a set of beliefs and principles and policy views about the United States of America. Today, there is no such shared set of beliefs and values and principles or even policy views as within the Republican Party for America,” he said on Wednesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-federal-judge-prominent-conservative-152848110.html

There is a Republican Party. It is led by Donald Trump.

Does this mean I will always have to vote for democrats now then?

I won't have any choices?

These idiots always make me laugh.

I guess he doesn't realize the republicans took the house a year ago.

Doesn't sound like a dead party to me.

Sounds like he is a Democrat working for Biden and Garland and Smith

Does this mean I will always have to vote for democrats now then?
I won't have any choices?

It means that America needs a responsible conservative party for the system to work, and for the past several years it hasn't had one. It has a political party on one side and a grotesque personality cult on the other.

There are indeed conservatives who have nowhere to go. Apparently you aren't one of them.

These idiots always make me laugh.

If you think Luttig is an "idiot", that speaks for itself.

It means that America needs a responsible conservative party for the system to work, and for the past several years it hasn't had one. It has a political party on one side and a grotesque personality cult on the other.

There are indeed conservatives who have nowhere to go. Apparently you aren't one of them.

"Responsible" being stay in their lane....do as they are told.

And where do you think the Trump supporters are going to go?

You think they will disappear if you change the name of the GOP?

Back