Excessive celebration

Yakuda

Verified User
Does anyone else think there is way too much celebration in sports? I am thinking particularly about football. I get the celebration when you score a TD. It seems reasonable and some of the routines are funny and creative so why not. The problem for me is when they celebrate just doing their job. I'm thinking of when they sack the QB and the undulations the ensue just for doing what your paid to do. Or the DBs using the incomplete signal when they stop a WR from catching the ball. Worse is when the WR just drops the ball or misses it and the DB celebrates even though they did nothing. It tires me out

As bad as that is celebrating after a penalty kick in soccer is worse. I read that the chances of making a penalty kick are well over 80%. What the fuck is there to celebrate when you score on a penalty kick? You should celebrate if you miss since that seems to be a lot harder to do

Last edited:
Excessive celebration is annoying as fuck, and always will be. But, younger audiences find it more enjoyable than actual scoring, so, it's here to stay.

Does anyone else think there is way too much celebration in sports? I am thinking particularly about football. I get the celebration when you score a TD. It seems reasonable and some of the routines are funny and creative so why not. The problem for me is when they celebrate just doing their job. I'm thinking of when they sack the QB and the undulations the ensue just for doing what your paid to do. Or the DBs using the incomplete signal when they stop a WR from catching the ball. Worse is when the WR just drops the ball or misses it and the DB celebrates even though they did nothing. It tires me out

As bad as that is celebrating after a penalty kick in soccer is worse. I read that the chances of making a penalty kick are well over 80%. What the fuck is there to celebrate when you score on a penalty kick? You should celebrate if you miss since that seems to be a lot harder to do

I have given up all sports.....but one of the reasons I am done is that they became cheap and performative....increasingly I felt like I needed a shower when I was done.

I still do SB but not as a sporting event, as a cultural event and a excuse to party.

It might not last long.

I have given up all sports.....but one of the reasons I am done is that they became cheap and performative....increasingly I felt like I needed a shower when I was done.

Lol good.point. Of all the sports though hockey seems to be least like that. I still watch it far more often than the others.

aren't touchdowns what they get paid to do as well?......I don't think it's reasonable to restrict the dance to wide receivers......

I enjoy these.....
cfe2c61a-620a-44aa-b335-ffbee9b9eec1.jpeg

aren't touchdowns what they get paid to do as well?......I don't think it's reasonable to restrict the dance to wide receivers......

Yeah and they get excessive but I understand some celebrating upon achieving your goal. I'm less annoyed by that.

Dignity is no longer a prized human attribute,

and looking for it in CTE-damaged football players is especially futile.

I don't really mind the little celebrations in Football games, but I despise the taunting!

Some of the celebrations are silly, but rather funny and entertaining at the same time.

My favorites were the Fun Bunch celebrations.

But, Ezekial Elliot jumping in the Salvation Army pot was one of the all time classics!

Terrell Owens was always telling people to get their popcorn ready in the run up to the game.

But then when he did this, it was hilarious....

terrell-owens-popcorn.gif

Last edited:
These guys are running around with extreme energy and emotion at this level of play, you have to in order to succeed so yes when they make a big play those emotions spill over.

Then you also have the competitive factor where they beat those trying to stop them, they came out on top so that’s also a very strong emotion.

Yes it is their job but there is so much more to it than that.

How old are you? Remember the Ickey Shuffle?

How old are you? Remember the Ickey Shuffle?

And Mark Gastineau. You never saw Jim Brown make a first down then get up and make that asinine first down wave. They get tackled now and can't wait to get up to engage in some moronic undulations.

I don't really mind the little celebrations in Football games, but I despise the taunting!

Some of the celebrations are silly, but rather funny and entertaining at the same time.

My favorites were the Fun Bunch celebrations.

But, Ezekial Elliot jumping in the Salvation Army pot was one of the all time classics!

Terrell Owens was always telling people to get their popcorn ready in the run up to the game.

But then when he did this, it was hilarious....

terrell-owens-popcorn.gif

I always wanted TO to have a professional valet step out and serve him a glass of champagne on a silver platter. But, that was TO. I expect better of everyone else.

Back