Experts unite! How can Obama pull this off?

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
Can someone with a firmer understanding of the democratic primary explain to me the odds as it stands today that Obama can pull this off?

As it stands
908 for Obama, 884 for Clinton regular delegates. Not including Florida an Michigan.

Hillarys got a big lead on the super delegates

So I realize its a possibility Hillary will scum(er i mean scam) Florida and Michigan But what does Obama need to make him the shoe in?

1) If Hillary tried for FL & MI, she will lose her superdelegate advantage (they'll bail on her)

2) Obama has a ton more cash, and will win at least 5 of the next 7 contests leading up to the TX/PA/OH primary. That will change the current perception, which I think is that Hillary eked out a win last night.

If Obama sweeps the next 7 - a real possibility - he could really put it away. I'm not counting on anything at this point....

1) If Hillary tried for FL & MI, she will lose her superdelegate advantage (they'll bail on her)

2) Obama has a ton more cash, and will win at least 5 of the next 7 contests leading up to the TX/PA/OH primary. That will change the current perception, which I think is that Hillary eked out a win last night.

If Obama sweeps the next 7 - a real possibility - he could really put it away. I'm not counting on anything at this point....

1) is that just speculation or has she been warned?

1) is that just speculation or has she been warned?

Unfortunately, just speculation, but I'm in "wishful thinking" mode this morning.

The Superdelegates are BS. If she wins solely because of them, I will never vote Dem again in my lifetime.

this election is turning into being sooooo much fun. I will laugh my ass off is clinton wins by super delegates.....obama cult is going to be rioting like nothing since rodney . . .

this election is turning into being sooooo much fun. I will laugh my ass off is clinton wins by super delegates.....obama cult is going to be rioting like nothing since rodney . . .

Yes I agree. Or if they give Clinton the FL and MI delegates.

I understand that no super delegates are locked in yet. Some have said they are for Clinton, but they can change there mind. I suspect, that if a consensus comes that the rank and file wants one canidate over the other, the supers will make it happen. If not, I suspect they go with Hillary but force her to offer Obama the #2 spot.

she should get fla, that was like 400,000 votes.
what cause they went early. I'm for Obama, but I won't be shedding the OBama crockadile tears if the Junior senator can't pull it off.

what cause they went early. I'm for Obama, but I won't be shedding the OBama crockadile tears if the Junior senator can't pull it off.

Whatever it would have been different if he could have campaigned. Also because that was the rules but I don't expect the Clinton's or their tard supporters to think that matters.

since WHEN are you for obama? when did this happen? you used to be the most diehard clinton supporter ive seen.

yes she got Florida and Michigan.. But did she win there because she spent money and time in those states where as obama didnt not. Proof shows that the longer obama spends in a state the more votes he gets. Maybe clinton planned this from the beginning as an ace up here sleeve.. basically uncontested states via lawsuit or whatever.

never the less this is where its good to have someone like kennedy on obamas side who can ofset the back room super delegate handshakes clinton has gotton.

also you really think Texas will pick obama? they cant even show up to the polls the right day...

:p Ignoring Chaps post here...Yes I think Obama has a shot in Tx if he does some campaigning here. I was listening to the local media last night and already they are doing their part in attempting to sway the public in Obama's direction.

I would love for Obama to come out and support legalization of MJ and the removal from prison of all those convicted of non-violent possession charges.

if obama wins the primary he would also pull with him far far more congress dems then hillary could do. if dems make huge leaps in congress on back of obama you may very well see it.

superfreak is a gay cyclist that tiny seat for hours on end cramps his brain.
I have been for Obama since the medical MJ issue and Hillary threatening to steal our profits.
I was only with Clinton cause she was a dominant frontrunner.

Which junior senator are you referring to - both BO and HRC are junior senators?

Back