ExxonMobil sues Alaska over oil leases

uscitizen

Villified User
ExxonMobil sues Alaska over oil leases

22-05-08 ExxonMobil claims Alaska should pay $ 800 mm in damages for revoking its gas and oil leases on a North Slope oil field. The field in question is Point Thomson which holds one-fourth of the state's 35 tcf of natural gas reserves.
The state said it revoked the leases because the oil company had not tried to develop the fields that the state had hoped someday would be sold to the lower 48 states.

Exxon filed a separate request for reconsideration of a gas field development proposal that was rejected by state Resources Commissioner Tom Irwin in April.
ExxonMobil has a 36 % interest in the field; BP has 32 %; Chevron has 25 %; ConocoPhillips has 5 %; and minority owners hold the rest.

The oil companies purchased the leases 31 years ago.
The state revoked the leases in 2006, hoping other companies would move forward and start developing the fields.

http://www.gasandoil.com/goc/company/cnn82578.htm

The state said it revoked the leases because the oil company had not tried to develop the fields that the state had hoped someday would be sold to the lower 48 states.

LOL

This is just what we were talking about earlier USC!

What the fuck do they need ANWR for, if they won't drill the leases we, the taxpayer, already gave them.

That is my point. The other atticle I read a while back was more detailed.

The othe rlink I posted showed the official map of the gulf with all rigs and undrilled leases. Looks like they might have 1/4 of it drilled. And this does not include the FL Gulf Coast.

ANWR is just a strawman diversion by big oil and their flunkies on the right.

Ohh yes I think sometime fairly soon we should drill ANWR, but we have lots of opportunities that big oil is just sitting on waiting to sell it to us for $200 a bbl or so.

The othe rlink I posted showed the official map of the gulf with all rigs and undrilled leases. Looks like they might have 1/4 of it drilled. And this does not include the FL Gulf Coast.

snip.

LOL - beautiful.

Man, what a scam.

You know that's why they invaded Iraq too. To keep iraq's oil under control, and keep the iraqis from flooding the global markets with crude.

Yep they want to lock down all they can and feed it out at a rate that will keep the price just barely tolerable.

They also choke and control it thru not having enough refineries to serve the US. This has been accompolished mainly thru mergers/aquisitions and closing some aquired refineries. we import about 12% of our gasoline I think. Could be wrong on that figure, but it is not an insignificant amount.

So if we got cut off we could not even refine enough to keep us going full speed even if we did have the crude.

I am just waiting for a GED comment on one of my threads for breaking the exxoni code.

Yep they want to lock down all they can and feed it out at a rate that will keep the price just barely tolerable.

They also choke and control it thru not having enough refineries to serve the US. This has been accompolished mainly thru mergers/aquisitions and closing some aquired refineries. we import about 12% of our gasoline I think. Could be wrong on that figure, but it is not an insignificant amount.

So if we got cut off we could not even refine enough to keep us going full speed even if we did have the crude.

I am just waiting for a GED comment on one of my threads for breaking the exxoni code.

LOL

Fuck the GED comments.

I would trust your judgement and opinion, over the opinions of all the rightwing flunkies who voted for Bush, and defended the Iraq war and bushonomics.

Thanks Cypress. I am fairly smart and can see a broader picture than most. As twinkletoes like to point out though I am not highly educated except in the technical area, so those like Damo can smoke by butt in word twisting debates where winning the argument is the issue, not the truth. I am sometimes wrong as well, but more often right and will most always admit it when shown I am wrong.

The truth often is very inconvenient, but the truth nonetheless and is what we have to deal with. Dealing in a fantasy world is the main thing that has gotten us into this mess.

Last edited:
Thanks Cypress. I am fairly smart and can see a broader picture than most. As twinkletoes like to point out though I am not highly educated except in the technical area, so those like Damo can smoke by butt in word twisting debates where winning the argument is the issue, not the truth. I am sometimes wrong as well, but more often right and will most always admit it when shown I am wrong.

The truth often is very inconvenient, but the truth nonetheless and is what we have to deal with. Dealing in a fantasy world is the main thing that has gotten us into this mess.

Being verbose and using fancy words, is not neccessarily a sign of wisdom and good judgement. Look at Paul Wolfowitz. That PhD educated moron led us into the worst disaster of the last century.

My stepdad was a GED, but that dude had a lifetime of experience and he knew how the world worked. He knew what was bullshit and what wasn't. And he knew Bush was an unqualified and dangerous moron, while people like Topspin and Superfreak were busy casting ballots for Bush.

Twinkletoes is an oil whore.

Ohh yes I think sometime fairly soon we should drill ANWR, but we have lots of opportunities that big oil is just sitting on waiting to sell it to us for $200 a bbl or so.

On leased private or state land oil companies have to share their profits from their drilling, on Federal lands they don't. That's why oil companies want to open up ANWAR. You call it a strawman diversion that a company doesn't want to do business where something costs more to produce than it does somewhere else?

On leased private or state land oil companies have to share their profits from their drilling, on Federal lands they don't. That's why oil companies want to open up ANWAR. You call it a strawman diversion that a company doesn't want to do business where something costs more to produce than it does somewhere else?

You sure about that? The Oil Cos have to pay a royalty to the federal treasury, for oil production in federal publically owned waters.

Of course they do. They're economic retards

Back