FactCheck.org VP Debate

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_biden-palin_debate.html

The candidates were not 100 percent accurate. To say the least.
Summary
Biden and Palin debated, and both mangled some facts.

* Palin mistakenly claimed that troop levels in Iraq had returned to “pre-surge” levels. Levels are gradually coming down but current plans would have levels higher than pre-surge numbers through early next year, at least.

* Biden incorrectly said “John McCain voted the exact same way” as Obama on a controversial troop funding bill. The two were actually on opposite sides.

* Palin repeated a false claim that Obama once voted in favor of higher taxes on “families” making as little as $42,000 a year. He did not. The budget bill in question called for an increase only on singles making that amount, but a family of four would not have been affected unless they made at least $90,000 a year.

(I just have one question on this one. Do these people know that there are single parent families, are they really that out of touch?)

* Biden wrongly claimed that McCain “voted the exact same way” as Obama on the budget bill that contained an increase on singles making as little as $42,000 a year. McCain voted against it. Biden was referring to an amendment that didn't address taxes at that income level.

* Palin claimed McCain’s health care plan would be “budget neutral,” costing the government nothing. Independent budget experts estimate McCain's plan would cost tens of billions each year, though details are too fuzzy to allow for exact estimates.

* Biden wrongly claimed that McCain had said "he wouldn't even sit down" with the government of Spain. Actually, McCain didn't reject a meeting, but simply refused to commit himself one way or the other during an interview.

* Palin wrongly claimed that “millions of small businesses” would see tax increases under Obama’s tax proposals. At most, several hundred thousand business owners would see increases.

These aren't debates, they are excersizes in simultaneous masturbation. When the R candidate speaks R's watching beat off, and when the D speaks D's watching beat off. It is pathetic. I want a debate where the moderator has a computer screen on their desk and fact checkers in the back like the stat checkers on Monday Night Football. I want a moderator that says "that is very interesting but you didn't answer the question." I want to rules to say that until the question is answered by the person it was asked of, there will be no further questions. If this had been the format Sara Pale-in would have sat on the stage and avoided the same question all night long which in and of itself would have proven her inability to think on her feet.

These aren't debates, they are excersizes in simultaneous masturbation. When the R candidate speaks R's watching beat off, and when the D speaks D's watching beat off. It is pathetic. I want a debate where the moderator has a computer screen on their desk and fact checkers in the back like the stat checkers on Monday Night Football. I want a moderator that says "that is very interesting but you didn't answer the question." I want to rules to say that until the question is answered by the person it was asked of, there will be no further questions. If this had been the format Sara Pale-in would have sat on the stage and avoided the same question all night long which in and of itself would have proven her inability to think on her feet.

Well said. Anyone who watched the debate last night and thinks that there is a substantial difference between Palin & Biden, or Obama & McCain really ought to re-evaluate their ability to listen.

McBama-BiPalin agrees:

Bail out Wall Street
Blame the "free" market instead of the Federal Reserve for the credit crisis
Support and arm Israel until the Sun goes nova
Attack Iran if we are in a bad mood
Constitution, smonstitution
Reject market solutions to the energy question
Nationalism is a great tool to manipulate people
Class war is a great tool to manipulate people
Oh, and gay people don't have the same rights everyone else does

The factcheck above is a little lame.....

Saying some instead instead of most or millions instead of thousands or being off the troop count by 2 or 3 thousand out of 150,000 is petty to say the least....

Its who tryed to deceive the voters by a deliberate lie that counts....and I think that is what has be shown in the above factcheck...

Back