FBI raids Obama friend's office

RockX

Banned
The FBI on Wednesday raided the county offices of a former Illinois state senator who is a poker-playing buddy of Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama.

According to Chicago authorities, the FBI visited the offices in Joliet, Ill., of Will County executive Larry Walsh, a longtime friend of Mr. Obama's, and his chief of staff Matt Ryan.

Mr. Walsh, who served in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2005, was endorsed by Mr. Obama in his county executive election bid. With the support of some of Mr. Obama's U.S. Senate volunteers, he easily defeated incumbent Republican Joseph Mikan.

Will County auditor Steve Weber confirmed that his office had been asked by the FBI to assist in an investigation, but he did not elaborate on the specifics.

Two FBI agents out of Chicago reportedly spent more than an hour in the Will County offices on Wednesday morning.

According to sources, the Walsh investigation may be tied to lobbying firm Smith Dawson and Andrews, which was hired in 2006 for $10,000 per month to help Will County acquire federal grants.

Not only did Obama serve with Walsh in the Illinois Senate and endorse him for his current position, he sent some of his campaign volunteers to work for Walsh in 2004:

Obama is banking on 13,000 volunteers to hand out 2 million campaign fliers and make thousands of phone calls. Many of them will be deployed in Obama's political base, working precincts in African American, Latino and lakefront precincts in the city and suburbs. But the campaign is also planning to send volunteers to help Bean in her challenge to Crane, state Sen. Larry Walsh in his campaign for Will County chief executive officer, state Rep. Lisa Dugan in her re-election bid in Kankakee, Michelle Bromberg in her North Shore challenge to Republican state Rep. Beth Coulson and Democrat Patrick Ouimet in his challenge to Republican state Sen. Pamela Althoff in McHenry County.

The the Chicago Tribune reported the two were poker buddies. According to the local press, Walsh was recently campaigning for Obama in rural Illinois.

But I'm sure that Obama's association with Walsh gives you no more insight into his personality and ethics than do his other associations.

According to Obama's website, the senator requested at least $6 million or so in earmarks for Will County in 2006-2007.

Just another star in Obama's crown of thieves.

What is he guilty of?

Nothing that we know now. But your Kenya boy is guilty of befriending any scum that can help his marxists play.

How many scum friends have been uncovered so far?

Write
Ayres
the fellon with the realestate (forgot his name)
ACORN
now this guy.

Did I miss anybody? I am sure we are.

Scum on the Palin side? anybody?

Nothing that we know now. But your Kenya boy is guilty of befriending any scum that can help his marxists play.

How many scum friends have been uncovered so far?

Write
Ayres
the fellon with the realestate (forgot his name)
ACORN
now this guy.

Did I miss anybody? I am sure we are.

Scum on the Palin side? anybody?

It was Tony Rezko, and it looks like he might start singing. The feds are squeezing his balls.

A federal judge on Wednesday froze more than $100,000 belonging to Antoin "Tony" Rezko, saying the money may be needed if she orders the prominent political fundraiser to forfeit a big chunk of his assets as punishment for masterminding political corruption.

"There is a substantial probability that the United States will prevail in its request for entry of a money judgment against the defendant," U.S. District Judge Amy J. St. Eve, who presided at Rezko's trial, said in her order freezing the money.

Rezko, a major fundraiser for Democratic Gov. Rod Blagojevich and Sen. Barack Obama, was convicted in June of mail fraud, wire fraud, aiding and abetting bribery, and attempted extortion.

Back