FDR's Inaugural speech

Was there a take away from this you wanted for us?

Maybe she just wanted to give people some hope, after eight years of this:

watch

I would hope that if nothing else you would have gotten from FDR's speech that "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" rather than all the things that Bush and the republicans have told us for the last 7 years we should be afraid of.

I would hope that if nothing else you would have gotten from FDR's speech that "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" rather than all the things that Bush and the republicans have told us for the last 7 years we should be afraid of.

No disrespect to FDR but in the middle of the work day I don't have time or desire to read his speech. That's why I was hoping for the executive summary.

FDRs New Deal was what opened the door to the kinds of spending we see today, when government starts spending on the responsiiblities that formerly lied with people to do for themselves, then there is no end to where it can stop and we see that today.

"The New Deal Court essentially told Congress: It doesn't matter what the Constitution says or what limits on government it establishes, you are empowered to spend money on whatever you please. And so Congress does, even though its profligacy has placed the nation in great economic peril." – Stephen Moore, Director of Fiscal Policy Studies at the Cato Institute, March, 1997

FDRs New Deal was what opened the door to the kinds of spending we see today, when government starts spending on the responsiiblities that formerly lied with people to do for themselves, then there is no end to where it can stop and we see that today.

"The New Deal Court essentially told Congress: It doesn't matter what the Constitution says or what limits on government it establishes, you are empowered to spend money on whatever you please. And so Congress does, even though its profligacy has placed the nation in great economic peril." – Stephen Moore, Director of Fiscal Policy Studies at the Cato Institute, March, 1997

QFT

LOL

You know, most conservatives today have abandoned hating FDR. Not DANO! If we would've just left Hoover in power longer the great depression would've suddenly ended.

Back