Fed reimbursement paves way for outside police at DNC

meme

Why the Hell am I having to PAY FOR YOUR FRIGGENG convention security..when I'm not going to vote for your candidates????
---------------------------------------------------------------------

By Christopher N. Osher
The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 05/27/2008 03:29:01 PM MDT

The federal government has agreed to reimburse Denver for the $1.85 million in upfront costs of liability insurance and workers' compensation insurance to cover outside police during the Democratic National Convention.
Earlier this month, news of the costs raised concerns among some Denver City Council members, who feared the federal government wouldn't authorize reimbursement for that spending.

Councilwoman Jeanne Faatz said Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper's administration had assured her that the federal government agreed it was a reimbursable cost.

Faatz made her comments during the weekly meeting between the council and the mayor's office.

The administration had said the policies were needed to pave the way for outside police, such as those in the surrounding suburbs, to assist Denver in providing security during the Aug. 25-28 convention.

The council also will soon consider approving a $947,364 contract for a wireless-camera system from Avrio Group for security during the convention. The money would be reimbursed from funds provided by a $50 million federal grant to cover security costs related to the convention.

Deputy Safety Manager Mel Thompson said he could not give full details on that system for security reasons but said it would be installed in downtown Denver.

Late last year, police officials said a network of three or four wireless cameras that could be moved to other locations would cost between $10,000 to $12,000.

read the friggen rst of this BS..
http://www.denverpost.com/dnc/ci_9394177

Why do you have to pay for convention security?

Do you think it may have something to do with the people attending these Party events being responsible for designating the funds to pay for these Party events?

If it's any comfort, Meme, i'm sure Democrat voters aren't that keen to contribute to the Republican National Convention (or whatever it's called) either.

Why the Hell am I having to PAY FOR YOUR FRIGGENG convention security..when I'm not going to vote for your candidates????
---------------------------------------------------------------------

By Christopher N. Osher
The Denver Post

Article Last Updated: 05/27/2008 03:29:01 PM MDT

The federal government has agreed to reimburse Denver for the $1.85 million in upfront costs of liability insurance and workers' compensation insurance to cover outside police during the Democratic National Convention.
Earlier this month, news of the costs raised concerns among some Denver City Council members, who feared the federal government wouldn't authorize reimbursement for that spending.

Councilwoman Jeanne Faatz said Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper's administration had assured her that the federal government agreed it was a reimbursable cost.

Faatz made her comments during the weekly meeting between the council and the mayor's office.

The administration had said the policies were needed to pave the way for outside police, such as those in the surrounding suburbs, to assist Denver in providing security during the Aug. 25-28 convention.

The council also will soon consider approving a $947,364 contract for a wireless-camera system from Avrio Group for security during the convention. The money would be reimbursed from funds provided by a $50 million federal grant to cover security costs related to the convention.

Deputy Safety Manager Mel Thompson said he could not give full details on that system for security reasons but said it would be installed in downtown Denver.

Late last year, police officials said a network of three or four wireless cameras that could be moved to other locations would cost between $10,000 to $12,000.

read the friggen rst of this BS..
http://www.denverpost.com/dnc/ci_9394177

Shut the fuck up you stupid, simpering, con, camp follower.

"In addition to the millions in corporate donations to the host committees, each party (that means dems and repukes for the cheap seats) will get $16.3 million in federal dollars to pay for convention expenses, generally the salaries and travel expenses of party officials who work on the convention. On top of that, each city will also get $50 million in federal antiterrorism money to pay for security at the conventions. "

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24848775/

They are waaaay behind in contributions for their convention. The R's have almost totally paid for theirs already.

Why the hell do I have to pay for police directing traffic and extra coverage for sporting events and mega churches?

Why the hell do I have to pay for police directing traffic and extra coverage for sporting events and mega churches?

When have you paid for that? Typically when a church has police directing traffic, they PAY for that service. I would assume the stadiums do the same. Is that not the case?

When have you paid for that? Typically when a church has police directing traffic, they PAY for that service. I would assume the stadiums do the same. Is that not the case?

depends on where you are. In FL for one church I knew the cops volunteered their time but used county assets, ie cars and such.

In Lexington KY when a ball game is on, they route traffic all over town, took me an hour to go one block one time since they had made a road one way for the ball game traffic and I had to go back and start over.

Damn Sports religionutz.

end spectator sports save millions of barells of gas.

The DNC needs to worry about security because of those crazy knuckle dragging left-wing liberal racists that voted for Hillary instead of Obama the Messiah.

The DNC needs to worry about security because of those crazy knuckle dragging left-wing liberal racists that voted for Hillary instead of Obama the Messiah.
There are groups out there with the sole purpose of turning Denver into a recreation of 1968. I'm sure that might have something to do with it.

Back