filthy food

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
border food inspectors turned away 'filthy' peppers and other foods from mexico before the e. coli outbreak blamed on mexican peppers

what good does it do to have sanitation standards for u s of a food production and import food from nations with no or little such requirements

especially nations where such laws there are, they may be contravened by bribery

what about checks for pesticides or other forms of poison or pollution

We must let the consumer decide what to buy, but we must not allow them to know where it came from so they can make an informed decision.
would not want to interfere with profit.

Ignorant consumers make the corporations more profit.

We must let the consumer decide what to buy, but we must not allow them to know where it came from so they can make an informed decision.

whaoh!

ur back!

couldn't stay away huh?:clink:

whaoh!

ur back!

couldn't stay away huh?:clink:

yep working on my addiction. am just smoking a couple of posts a day :D

Trying to just hit the board a few times a day and just post on a few threads that strike my fancy. Most of the political ones are just too boring lately anyway.

And for Dixie: You are getting Obama Dammit!

border food inspectors turned away 'filthy' peppers and other foods from mexico before the e. coli outbreak blamed on mexican peppers

what good does it do to have sanitation standards for u s of a food production and import food from nations with no or little such requirements

especially nations where such laws there are, they may be contravened by bribery

what about checks for pesticides or other forms of poison or pollution

Honestly, I'm not too concerned with E.coli or salmonella from Mexico and I was pretty annoyed with the beating mexico took in the media with e.coli. Last year a us farm sold spinach that was tainted. Its natural and not necessarily deadly.

I'm much more concerened with the unregulated drugmakers in China. God only knows what goes into anything processed that we consume from China.

Ignorant consumers make the corporations more profit.

1. You're absolutely on target.

2. Glad to see you back. :)

Honestly, I'm not too concerned with E.coli or salmonella from Mexico and I was pretty annoyed with the beating mexico took in the media with e.coli. Last year a us farm sold spinach that was tainted. Its natural and not necessarily deadly.

I'm much more concerened with the unregulated drugmakers in China. God only knows what goes into anything processed that we consume from China.

I am concerned about produce from Mexico, simply because the standards there are not acceptable here. I'm even more concerned that largely due to budgetary cutbacks here, the inspections of imported produce are not carried out nearly as widely as they should be.

I just won't buy anything I can identify that comes from China. Even with dog treats, where the package says "distributed by Dole", for instance, I just put it back on the shelf. (Found some great recipes to make treats myself and the guys love them.)

I am concerned about produce from Mexico, simply because the standards there are not acceptable here. I'm even more concerned that largely due to budgetary cutbacks here, the inspections of imported produce are not carried out nearly as widely as they should be.

I just won't buy anything I can identify that comes from China. Even with dog treats, where the package says "distributed by Dole", for instance, I just put it back on the shelf. (Found some great recipes to make treats myself and the guys love them.)

Yeah, but something like samonella, you can cook and be relatively safe and most people get over that right?

I totally agree that Chinese products can be deadly though.

Yeah, but something like samonella, you can cook and be relatively safe and most people get over that right?

I totally agree that Chinese products can be deadly though.

That works with foods that are normally cooked, like chicken, but a lot of fresh produce is eaten raw, even (ugh!) jalapenos. And people just didn't know until a lot got sick that it was even out there. I'm not sure if it came directly from the farm or if it was on the premises of one of the major distributors in Mexico. Just read something last week about it and it was still unclear.

Oh, I should send you the link -- don't get the "pimple ball" from Four Paws for your dog. It's caused all kinds of problems, and the person who wrote the blog is now up to $5,000. in vet bills because of an incident with one of these things.

That works with foods that are normally cooked, like chicken, but a lot of fresh produce is eaten raw, even (ugh!) jalapenos. And people just didn't know until a lot got sick that it was even out there. I'm not sure if it came directly from the farm or if it was on the premises of one of the major distributors in Mexico. Just read something last week about it and it was still unclear.

Oh, I should send you the link -- don't get the "pimple ball" from Four Paws for your dog. It's caused all kinds of problems, and the person who wrote the blog is now up to $5,000. in vet bills because of an incident with one of these things.

If you're reasonably healthy though and you get infected, you basically get sick for a couple of days and are fine?

If you're reasonably healthy though and you get infected, you basically get sick for a couple of days and are fine?

It depends how much you eat. I got it once from turkey. It's the sort of thing that under normal circumstances won't kill you but while you're feeling its effects you wish it would! If your immune system is compromised for any reason, though, or if you're very young or elderly, you could be in trouble. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this is what's popularly known as "Montezuma's revenge", or in some way related, though. That's reportedly from drinking water, I think.

I learned that in some people a nasty case of salmonella can result in a type of arthritis, even in very young people, that's quite debilitating.

I read today that our gummit is getting ready to approve irradiating lettuce and spinach to kill ecoli.
Strange , they cried like hell it would cost too much to tell us it where it came from but they can afford to irradiate it.

Nothing like sterilized crap on my food.

Back