Final Iowa Predictions

Cypress

Edwards wins.
Hillary comes in third place.

Huckabee wins (the poll are underestimating voter hostility to magic underwear mormons)

And Grandpa Fred comes in a distant third or fourth place. And drops out of the race to retire and do Adult Depends Undergarment and Prune Juice commercials.

Obama, Clinton, Edwards in that order with each getting around 25-30%. Obama wins by virtue of being the favorite among second tier supporters.

On the R side, Huckabee followed by Romney. McCain and Grandpa Fred a far behind third and fourth with RonPaul fifth beating the sinking SS Giuliani.

I think the Union thing will hurt Huckabee more than he knows, and that it will be Romney by a nose over Huckabee (Who won't have as good a showing again in any Primary following) then McCain....

For the Ds I think that it will be Obama, Clinton, then Edwards.

That is all...

I think the Union thing will hurt Huckabee more than he knows, and that it will be Romney by a nose over Huckabee (Who won't have as good a showing again in any Primary following) then McCain....

For the Ds I think that it will be Obama, Clinton, then Edwards.

That is all...

obama? Really. Maybe i have an overblown notion of the power of the clinton machine. I would prefer obama over hillary anyday. I hope you're right.

obama? Really. Maybe i have an overblown notion of the power of the clinton machine. I would prefer obama over hillary anyday. I hope you're right.
This is just Iowa. Clinton the First lost in Iowa.

I think Clinton the Worst will win in NH and continue on from there to the nomination.

This is just Iowa. Clinton the First lost in Iowa.

I think Clinton the Worst will win in NH and continue on from there to the nomination.

Have you noticed that all of the reporters and pundits, on the cable news shows, are always taking any opportunity to claim that Republican voters are very unhappy with their nominees, but things are very different on the Democratic side where voters are just about as happy as pigs in shit over theirs? An embarrassment of riches. They don’t’ really care if their first choice wins or not because they are just as happy over their second and even third choices?

I don’t know any of those people.

Have you noticed that all of the reporters and pundits, on the cable news shows, are always taking any opportunity to claim that Republican voters are very unhappy with their nominees, but things are very different on the Democratic side where voters are just about as happy as pigs in shit over theirs? An embarrassment of riches. They don’t’ really care if their first choice wins or not because they are just as happy over their second and even third choices?

LOL. They make more money if it is a "close race" they are attempting to get people to work against their own best interest.

To be fair, there were several polls out that had none of the above leading in the national Republican polls. That hasn't been the case with the Democrats.

To be fair, there were several polls out that had none of the above leading in the national Republican polls. That hasn't been the case with the Democrats.

Yeah, that’s true. I think there is some small kernel of truth in it, and then it got blown up out of all proportions. As if Democrats were just dancing in the streets over our nominees. Hugging each other and whispering “can you believe our luck?” in each other’s ears.

Yeah, that’s true. I think there is some small kernel of truth in it, and then it got blown up out of all proportions. As if Democrats were just dancing in the streets over our nominees. Hugging each other and whispering “can you believe our luck?” in each other’s ears.

I'm not terribly thrilled about the prospect of Clinton being the nominee and I don't know too many people who are. It may be a "I don't know anyone who voted for Nixon" thing though.

Obama, Clinton, Edwards in that order with each getting around 25-30%. Obama wins by virtue of being the favorite among second tier supporters.

On the R side, Huckabee followed by Romney. McCain and Grandpa Fred a far behind third and fourth with RonPaul fifth beating the sinking SS Giuliani.

I think Edwards is the prefered candidate, as people's second choice.

Iowa Polls 3 hrs ago...........

Obama 31%
Edwards 27%
Clinton 24%

Huckabee 31%
Romney 25%
Thompson 11 %
McCain and Paul both at 10%

Thats all....!

Obama 31%
Edwards 27%
Clinton 24%

Huckabee 31%
Romney 25%
Thompson 11 %
McCain and Paul both at 10%

Thats all....!

well thanks, for once you posted something relevant, and on point.

I think the second choice supporters go to edwards, flipping Edwards and Obama into the number one and two spots, respectively. And the Huckster wins, clinton comes in third, which would make my prediction spot on. :cool:

Your Post/Prediction...........

well thanks, for once you posted something relevant, and on point.

I think the second choice supporters go to edwards, flipping Edwards and Obama into the number one and two spots, respectively. And the Huckster wins, clinton comes in third, which would make my prediction spot on. :cool:

is irrelevant since you read the same poll as did I and you claim it as your prediction...***shrug***

Everyone keeps talking about Rudy's political death death. He is still leading polls in Florida which has LOTS of delgates, he is popular in the west with moderate republicans and he is popular in California. Rudy didn't run much in Iowa NH or SC. He has spent lots of time in Florida, some time in Nevada. I think come Super Tuesday Rudy will be right in the thick of things

Everyone keeps talking about Rudy's political death death. He is still leading polls in Florida which has LOTS of delgates, he is popular in the west with moderate republicans and he is popular in California. Rudy didn't run much in Iowa NH or SC. He has spent lots of time in Florida, some time in Nevada. I think come Super Tuesday Rudy will be right in the thick of things

Soc, he's running like in fourth place in the first three states: Iowa, NH and South Carolina. He's done, I think. I've never heard of anyone placing fourth in the first three primaries, and winning it all. The momentum shifts away from someone who craters that badly.

On the Second Choice Factor:

In an exclusive get by Election Central, we asked Zogby for information on how the final poll result would look after second choices are reallocated for voters who were in favor of candidates under the 15% benchmark for viability, thus adding those respondents to the top three candidates' totals. Here's what they gave us: Obama 37.5%, Edwards 33.7%, Clinton 28.8%.

We can dream . . .

http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2008/...ap_worsens_after_secondchoice_allocations.php

Yeah which is why I’m rooting for Romney to win Iowa. Because I don’t see how Huckabee who is really nothing more than a bumbling fool, can go all the way. But if he knocks Romney out in some early states, that sets up the perfect scenario for that f rudy, and I do not want Rudy.

Back